Heritage Owners Club

H150/157 with P90's... Who's got them?

mars_hall

Interested in seeing who has these with P90's. I haven't seen many of these lately and I know there was a time they were the hot item in Heritage land.

I guess the problem is no one comes up off of them and I can't understand why. That said, I would still like to see them.

Yeah, I'd like to see more of them, too! I know Thundersteele had one, but he's no longer here. It seems like Golferwave might have had one, but I'm not sure. Being a P-90 lover in the form of the H-137, I'm interested in hearing opinions in how the P-90 150 VS 137 sound.

I have a black one that came in a three way swap between Brent and davesultra and I like the sound so well, I think I may need another at some point.

I have an '80 LP Deluxe with Lollars that also sounds great, better than with the original minis i swapped out . I'll pics up here later..

i never bonded with this one: gt1.jpg

sold it to yooper

I bonded with it.

I've seen others dislike the Lollars due to their being "too polite" and not gritty enough. Fine. But that means these have a unique P-90 sound, and they sound great in a semi-hollow as well as in a 150.

It rocks, and wails on blues. While I would consider something like a Wolfetone "Mean" or "Meaner' at the bridge, the neck pickup gives the sweetest jazz sound I've heard from a solid body.

And I have stomps for less-than-polite grit.

This thread reminds me of the one Heritage that I regret selling...a sweet Gold (Champagne) Top with a Gibby pickguard.

One of these days I'll get another...Maybe that Chestnut Burst of TSteel, now owned by MillieMaestro/Guy...Mmmm!

Sorry I got a little carried away!

ThunderSteele (Eric's) old one.

Tsteels150_zpsacbb8920.jpg

The old 137, what a monster

TV137Lollars021_zpse110af7f.jpg

VADER, Custom Build Ordered to be "None Blacker" by original owner.

IMG_20140410_120237_797_zpsed03e83e.jpg

Brand New 535 Burnt Amber

DSC06296_zpsztubiu8b.jpg

DC137

FOTE372_zpsvhcknj72.jpg

Wow!! beautiful guitars.

I have a black one that came in a three way swap between Brent and davesultra

That's one of the only guitars that I regret moving. And most likely one of the only ones I would ever buy back, if it came up for sale. But at the time trading it was the only way to get the Junior. So I guess there's not too much regret.

I bonded with it.

I've seen others dislike the Lollars due to their being "too polite" and not gritty enough. Fine. But that means these have a unique P-90 sound, and they sound great in a semi-hollow as well as in a 150.

It rocks, and wails on blues. While I would consider something like a Wolfetone "Mean" or "Meaner' at the bridge, the neck pickup gives the sweetest jazz sound I've heard from a solid body.

And I have stomps for less-than-polite grit.

Yep, changed the Lollar p90s to Wolfetone "mean" neck p90 and bridge "meaner" p90. It was a tremendous improvement, and not just the bridge. The neck has more body and is more alive. The wolf p90s have more overtones and 3D depth!!! And after selling my Lollar P90s I think the conversion cost me like $45. Well worth it for me.

Yep, changed the Lollar p90s to Wolfetone "mean" neck p90 and bridge "meaner" p90. It was a tremendous improvement, and not just the bridge. The neck has more body and is more alive. The wolf p90s have more overtones and 3D depth!!! And after selling my Lollar P90s I think the conversion cost me like $45. Well worth it for me.

I also tend to favor A2's over A5s generally. I'm sure they sound great. Still, I'd like to get an A/B comparison before I go for the change.

I also tend to favor A2's over A5s generally. I'm sure they sound great. Still, I'd like to get an A/B comparison before I go for the change.

That's what it sounds like to my ears exactly, the difference between the warmth, depth, power & bite of A2s vs the "flatter & sterile" tone of the A5s (to my ears and my opionion anyhow). The issue I have with Lollar P90s is the A5 magnets and the fact that they are permanently glued to the pickups so you can't remove the magnets. If I could've removed the magnets on the Lollars and added some Throbak A2 or A4 magnets I am sure they would have sounded great. I think I am going to buy some Throbak A4 magnets and try them in the Wolfetone P90s in the 150 for even more of a vintage tone.

As far as Lollar P90s in semi-hollow bodies or hollow bodies.... I like them much better in these guitars. My 535 P90 has Lollars and I may eventually switch them out for Wolfetone P90s or Throbak P90s, but the Lollar P90s sound better in 535 than they did in the 150.

Wow, what a great idea on that amp!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too! Not to Bea downer, but I've never been a fan of Heritage's Goldtop color. For ME, Gibson got that shade right. That said, I'm loving ALL the 150s in this thread, but going gaga over the 535s. (Yeah, that's my weakness).

Wow, what a great idea on that amp!

Thanks. It has two 10" Eminence legends in it. The cab is all pine (formerly paneling I my old house) including the baffle board. It is also extra deep, 11.5", for a little better low end. The amp screams now and is loud enough to be used unmic'd in small clubs with a drummer that is aware of his volume.

Archived