Heritage Owners Club

New Amp Day

Used Marshall JCM800 2203 head in a resealed box and a new 1960A cabinet. No one buys PRS amps. ;p

Not true.... Reserved, White, Lawyer-ly Wealthy Older Men buy PRS; Not Leather vest-wearin', Goatee-ed, gun-totin', Harley Ridin' guys.... :laughing7:

PRS ARCHON, 100 watt. Hand wired or close to it. Two channel amp consisting of face melting distortion as well as super clean cleans.

Marshall 1936 with Vingage 30's installed.

I've had my eye on this amp ever since they first announced it. Since then they have come out with a 50 watt and a 25 watt combo and I had actually talked myself in to the 25 watt combo. But as it so happened, I wound up poking around a legendary PRS dealer in Maryland today, got to talking to them about their amp selection and wound up getting a great deal on the 100 watt version. Besides, they didn't have any of the smaller ones in stock. I'm actually planning on pairing up the 2x12 Marchall cabinet with my lunch box sized hand wired Russian Sovtek amp but the sales guy said the Archon would go very nicely with it too. The new home for the Archon will be perched up on one of my Marshall 1960 4x12 cabinets.

post-679-0-32805900-1435453398.jpg

For a tone demo, click on this link:

https://youtu.be/W8GU9osUXoY

From the PRS web site:

http://www.prsguitars.com/archon/

HIGH-GAIN HEAVYWEIGHT
Greek for “ruler” or “lord,” the PRS Archon is a commanding and versatile 2-channel amp with aggressive overdriven tones and sparkling cleans with plenty of headroom. The Archon’s lead channel was designed with five gain stages before the master volume, delivering full, lush distortion. The clean channel provides ample headroom with rich clear tones that retain clarity even at high volume and are an excellent platform for pedals. The Archon has remarkably responsive tone with incredible note separation, whether you’re playing on the clean channel or chugging on the lead.
The added option of 6L6 or EL34 power tubes allows players to further personalize the tone and feel of the Archon. 6L6 tubes offer plenty of versatility and warmer, more balanced tone across the full range of frequencies. They will also push with less saturation for a bit of a sweeter, smoother tone. EL34 tubes offer focused, tight, punchy gain. They run a little hotter, distort earlier, and deliver a wider range of overdriven, crunch tones that are great for rock distortion.
Utilizing a ‘no flash or trash’ approach, the Archon’s control layout features volume and tone controls for each channel, a global depth control to add a thunderous low end, and a presence control to effect the high end chime. A half-power switch allows players to choose either 100 or 50 watts of output adding to the Archon’s extreme flexibility.

post-679-0-32805900-1435453398_thumb.jpg

That's one powerful rig you've got there. Got any stadium gigs lined up to air out that baby?

It seems that I'm still suffering from the fear that no one will be able to hear me resulting from having been limited to that little solid state 10watt Peavey amp I had as a teenager. No one could hear me, and my middle name is overkill, so... baddabing, dair-ya-go. Can you hear me now? hahaha

Archived