Heritage Owners Club

Help with Heritage H140

Sweece

Hey guys. I am new to the world of guitars and I just need some info on this guitar. I know that it's a Heritage H140 and it was made in 1990, but other than that I have no clue what the specs of it are. What are the pickups? Is it all original? How much is it worth? Any info on this guitar would help, thanks.

Sorry for the huge pictures, not sure how to change that.

IMG_1817.jpgIMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

Nice! You have a Mahogany neck & body with a maple top (the bodies/tops are a bit thinner than an H-150) and Rosewood fretboard. Hardware & pickups appear to be Schaller, but not sure what year they began using covered humbuckers. Many earlier models had Schaller pickups with exposed black coils. Normal fare Grover tuning machines. If you remove the control cavity cover, there should be a label with the model designation. But it sure appears original to me. Love the black headstock stinger too. You also have one of the earlier hard cases. Here is a link with the current 140 info.

http://www.heritageguitar.com/models/h140_specs.html

Nice goldtop you've got! Definitely looks stock to me. The specs are as Davesultra said.

For comparison, here's my H140. Its an D serial, which would be 1987. Came with Schaller hardware and pickups, the black stinger and the standard issue poker chip on the pickup switch. The covered pickups might have been a custom ordered item. Most of the early 140s I've seen have exposed coils.

gallery_790_192_91897.jpg

Archived