Heritage Owners Club

bridge question on Heritage 535

Cecil1971

Mine is a recent model, it has a TonePros bridge, and the screws face toward the tail piece. It's not the abr-1 style, it's more like what Gibson calls the "Nashville" type. It's the same as they show on their web site. If you can post a photo someone here will likely be able to tell you what it is.

535a_zpsdb9eb3f6.jpg

Yep, TOM screws should face towads the tail, ABRs are opposite.

I recently bought a Hamer on CL (need to keep off CL ha ha). And I noticed the TOM was backwards..tried to reverse it but the spacing was screwed up so I put it back. I asked the experts over on the Hamer forum and they said it doesn't make a difference, nor does what way the saddles face. FWIW.

Nashville (the ones Heritage use) screws are always toward the tailpiece, ABR-1 (and there conversion versions from Nashville bridge to the ABR-1 conversion bridge) screws always facing the pickups.

I don't think the direction of the bridge matters that much

what *does* matter is the intonation is set properly, and the saddles are oriented correctly...ideally the flat part will be facing the neck. although sometimes ppl will flip them, if they need more room for intonation

that is a nice looking 535!

• 5 months later...

Glad I found this thread.

I'm trying to set up intonation on my recently purchased '535 (blonde), but the supplied

hex key is too long for most string positions; they face the pickups.

Anyone know where I can get one with a short-short short end?

And, who makes good glasses ha-ha?

Any other tips greatly appreciated.

TKS,

Prof. Gumby

I don't think the direction of the bridge matters that much

what *does* matter is the intonation is set properly, and the saddles are oriented correctly...ideally the flat part will be facing the neck. although sometimes ppl will flip them, if they need more room for intonation

Technically...this.

Archived