Heritage Owners Club

Planned System Down Time

Administrator

The server is migrating from the existing data center hosting facility to a new facility in order to leverage improved connectivity and a higher level of "hands on" support availability. As such, there will be approximately a ten hour outage while the physical system is relocated. The outage details are:

Date: Saturday, August 22nd, 2015
Start Time: 5:00PM EDT
End Time: 3:00AM EDT

Just a heads up.

Anyone else missing post reply functions.

No media embed or smilies or underline or bold or italic or you know, stuff.

When I click reply I just get a blank box.

Also, it doesnt matter where I start a new sentence on the reply page, it just posts it on the same line directly after the previous sentence. Breaking things up into paragraphs doesnt work. Maybe its a grammar auto correct. Thatd be great.

Test

Another oddity, Firefox comes up, lets me post and read, but without the editing features. IE just sits and spins at the portal page. I'll have to fire up Chrome on the laptop later and see if it is acting differently.

Perhaps my IE hasn't had its cup of Java yet today.

Now, this is REALLY weird. On my laptop using Chrome, I still get the normal edit icons. On my desktop using Firefox, no edit icons. Fine, I just stick Chrome on the desktop machine and it will fix everything, right? WRONG!

A first time, clean installation of Chrome and I still get no icons.

Very curious.

(oh yeah, I cleared out the cache and cookies. No change)

More strangeness, the little dropdown next to my username in the upper right hand corner won't drop down. Maybe a Java problem? Updated to Java 8.whatever (the latest) and rebooted. No change. Its also interesting that the font is at the standard serif font, not the normal San Serif, until I hit post.

Still no icons, just like JeffB.

This is very strange. I'm not sure why there would be any change in the functionality of the site. There was no software or system upgrade. This was a physical move of the server hardware from Jacksonville to Miami. Maybe it was bounced around in the truck on the way, and some of the bits were misaligned. Nah.

I will do some digging, but I'm not hopeful of finding much. As I said, nothing software-wise was touched. Weird.

I cleared all in Android (5.1) Chrome by going to Apps

1) Clearing Cache

2) Clearing Data

3) Doing a Force Stop

4) Uninstall Updates (revert to Factory version of Chrome)

5) Power Down Phone

6) Hit X for not installing Tapatalk at HOC Site launch

7) Going to Settings within Chrome

8) Checking the Request Desktop Site box

9) Under Advanced Content Settings (Chrome) Website Settings, Clear All HOC data

10) Return to Privacy Settings and Hit "Clear Browsing Data" at top with all boxes checked

11) Leave Chrome Setting Going back out to HOC instance already open

12) Hitting the Refresh Icon (Circling arrow) in the hidden popdown at the top.

At this point you are logged out, but the desktop (Full) version is present

Logback in and choose that Chrome NOT save your password

Bottom line: Sounds like a Android/Chrome stored setting thing maybe influenced by Tapatalk

Archived