Heritage Owners Club

My first Heritage!

Aceshigh3r

Hey guys, stumbled across this forum while I was researching the brand so this is my first post. I just traded for my first Heritage guitar. It's a H150 in antique sunburst, and it is a beast!

I'm in love with how this baby feels, beautiful neck on this one.

I am slightly disappointed to find that the pickups are Schaller, but they sound pretty damn good. I'm thinking about replacing the bridge, tailpiece, nut. As for pickups, I'm not sure yet... Thoughts?

f97a7be61254cb46820eb6ef09c61a5f.jpg

27a6c9fbbc25d1af2dd65f4a3acb0aa8.jpg

24a77dfde34f2a1125f90dc3fe13240e.jpg

c38084a6901c9282bb1146875c6ae1bc.jpg

f03ee79d06ca281e4053d1a8e5dcfabe.jpg

f3ae9f2b805ed89a1c8aa1bba9465fde.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man, I will look into Throbak for sure.

One other thing you'll probably want to do if you change pickups is to get a new set of CTS 500K pots to replace the Mexican ones that you have in there. A set of .022 - 400v paper in oil capacitors would complete the package.

One other thing you'll probably want to do if you change pickups is to get a new set of CTS 500K pots to replace the Mexican ones that you have in there. A set of .022 - 400v paper in oil capacitors would complete the package.

I agree with the above statement. The only thing I differ in opinion would be the caps. I'd go to ebay and get some nice NOS Russian pio caps, .015 for the neck, and .022 for the bridge. Definitely get rid of those Mexi-pots. Congrats on your first Heritage, that is one of the best looking tops I've seen in quite a while.

Welcome to the HOC. You've got a really nice looking 150.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Schaller pickups. I have them in my 157 and my 535. They're just different from a Seth Lover or a 59, or a Throbak. If you can't get the sound you're looking for, then start looking at options.

A good setup and fret dressing should make it really shine. Your tech could tell you if the nut is in good shape, but either a bone or Tusq replacement will work.

It looks like your bridge is already a Tonepros unit. I see the locking screws on it. What are you thinking about using in its place?

Beautiful guitar! Welcome!

I have a guitar nearly identical, you will love it. The Schaller pickups might grow on you. If not, Burstbuckers, SD 59`s, and 57 classics are great upgrades on a budget.

I like that guitar! What a beauty to start your Heritage collection ... :thumbsup:

I'm going to echo that there is nothing wrong with those lowly Schallers. They make great stuff, and not just pickups. However, if you feel the need to swap you can't go wrong with the suggested Throbaks. Jon does get a pretty penny for them. But they are as close to authentic PAF as you're going to get if that is what you're after.

I'm also going to echo pulling them danged pots. If there is one thing that seems so inconsistent, and yet ironically consistent with Heritage over the years is they grab whatever pot they can get.

Other than that, enjoy that beauty.

Congrats on the Heritage... it reminds me so much of my first Heritage , also a ASB H-150, that I know it has to be exceptional.

Mine is a 1992 and I still have it , of course. Mine has a Burstbucker 1 ( low output ) at the neck and a Seth Lover at the bridge..very similar to the 36 anniversary PAF's that you're looking at.

I love the tone with those and wouldn't change a thing now.

Larry Dimarzio turned me on to a set of his 36th anniversary PAFs. If you want that cool old vintage souund, these are the ones. I had Schallers in my 140 CM and they sounded kind of "tinny" for what I was doing. The 36th anniversary are a little darker and warmer which is what I was after. I have Schallers in my 170 and I like them in there.

• 2 weeks later...

So an update guys. I went with cts 500k pots with orange drop caps, 15 & 22.

For the pickups, went with the DiMarzio 36th anniversary open coil cremes, wired the same way the Schallers were. Added a toggle selector ring for a bit of dressing up. This baby is totally transformed, love these DiMarzios. Pretty darn cheap for such a great sounding pickup set. 278c6a445e385afe34dd17c06193430a.jpg

Archived