Heritage Owners Club

Redirect/Malware

Rod

When I try to open this site from home I get redirected to a site that says my computer is infected and I have to call their phone number to have it removed. I just had to quit coming to this site from home. Bing has gotten to where it won't even let me open the site, saying the site contains malware. I have no problem at all logging in from work. Anybody know of a fix for this?

Thanks,

Rod

I only can say that I got the same thing for the first time last night, but I was not on this site. I was looking for a birthday present for my wife. It was a cross-stitch kit site. I just got out of the site and it didn't happen again. If yours does it each time you get on at home it probably means your home computer has a cookie with that site in it. If you delete all cookies from your computer it might stop it for you.

I've used Chrome and Explorer and both had some kind of redirect. Different sites, but still a redirect. I'll try going back to Chrome with Ad Blocker Pro. Weird that at work, also through Explorer, I have no issues.

Thanks for your replies!

I also can no longer access the forum from work (chrome or IE), it is flagged as containing malware and blocked by the filter. No issues with any other forums that I visit while I'm "supposed" to be working, lol.

It is highly plausible that you have redirect code implanted in a skin - this might help: https://blog.sucuri.net/2015/02/analyzing-malicious-redirects-in-the-ip-board-cms.html

We had a similar issue hit our jeep clubs forum site, but loading an upgrade made quick work of it (v-bulletin)

Archived