Heritage Owners Club

NBGD HB2 Bass

DC Ron

Every few years the bass bug bites again. Guess this is the year.

Not a great looker, but looks aren't everything, right? E Serial number HB2 bass with changed pickups. Lots of playing wear but the frets and fretboard are almost like new.

Electronics are a bit of a mess. Pickups are unoriginal active SD's with rocker switches built into the face. Pickups work (after jumping the bridge pickup hot wire to the battery) but the switches do not. Probably dirty contacts. Will have to work on that. The original series/parallel toggle switch is disconnected. Pickups do sound good but are perhaps more aggressive than I prefer. Will give it time. But think I might put in a pair of passive vintage spec pickups and reconnect the toggle. Or not.

Included beat OHSC with logo.

Thx to Brent for posting the eBay link, and for not buying it. :)

IMAG0662_zps76wddjts.jpg

IMAG0663_zpsxsynbk2x.jpg

IMAG0667_zpskdgsqi3a.jpg

IMAG0665_zps1po1jxqx.jpg

IMAG0656_zpsza7qisyh.jpg

Nice bass. I had the HB-1 a few years back, bought from Brent, and very stupidly sold it. Here is a photo of it.

post-21057-0-72490400-1445897577_thumb.jpg

That's a cool bass Ron and it will be worth getting it rewired with new electronics. Also, as you may know already, Crossroads guitar on 50, west of Arlington and near Falls Church by JV's has a a Plek Pro machine if it looks like the fretboard could use any attention. Vince there can get the action as low and perfect as you you would ever want.

That's a cool bass Ron and it will be worth getting it rewired with new electronics. Also, as you may know already, Crossroads guitar on 50, west of Arlington and near Falls Church by JV's has a a Plek Pro machine if it looks like the fretboard could use any attention. Vince there can get the action as low and perfect as you you would ever want.

Great ideas! Just got some new pickups in today, expect an update later in the weekend. Have talked to Vince a time or two and he seems to really know his stuff. Hope to avoid serious fretwork but good to have someone like Vince close by.

So I got up early and installed the new pickups (Dimarzio Air PJ), hooked up the series/parallel toggle and put on some black speed knobs. Also included a close up of the aluminum(!) bullseye inlays. A very cool bass...

IMG_0001_zpsy8kc4j7c.jpg

IMG_0002_zpsiwfmdjp8.jpg

Flatwound strings? :icon_thumright:

Yep. These came with it. Think they are D'addario Chromes (multi colored ball ends, blue wrap). Kind of like the way they feel and their old school sound. REALLY like these pickups: Classic looks, passive vintage sound and ZERO hum.

Here's a catalog ad with specs. Says body is "hardwood", mine is definitely maple.

gallery_10_153_1874520_zpsrn5mjtfl.jpg

Archived