Heritage Owners Club

return of the MIDI Eagle...

DC Ron

I remember when this one first showed up.. I had recently picked up a Roland synth and thought hard about buying it back then.

I'm glad to see you've got it up and going again. It's a beast... large.. but thin.. great top. And the signatures are a nice bonus.

For those who don't recall, it's an 18" x 1.5" hollowbody with a partial block (top is fully hollow). Have been playing synth guitar off and on since the early days, so this is a good fit. Always bothered me that a few of the Roland features were not installed at the factory, so "completed" it over the weekend. New features are:

1. Seth Lover pickup now plays through the 13-pin synth connection as well as the separate 1/4" jack. So the synth can be blended with the guitar output through the synth module.

2. Synth/guitar mini toggle installed. Can now choose between synth only, guitar only, or both.

3. Synth volume pot installed. So both guitar and synth now have volume knobs on the guitar.

4. Power on LED installed on back cover plate. Mostly just for fun, but it does verify that the 13-pin cable is live and connected to the onboard Roland module.

To do this had to replace the original separate guitar volume and tone controls with a stacked unit so I had an extra hole for the MIDI volume pot. The mini toggle and LED required new holes.

While I was at it installed chrome Tonepros and a chrome pickup cover. Grover Imperials were already chrome. And installed a new (non-engraved) TRC.

The neck is wonderful on this one, and it takes to synth very well. Don't know why it took me so long...

More pics...

IMG_0006_zps0ezgrhj9.jpg

IMG_0007_zpslltssbio.jpg

...as played by previous owner RhoadsScholar at PSPIV....

gallery_139_340_128948.jpg

For those who don't know, Robert is a big guy. Like 6' 7" big. So when he is holding that guitar, it looks to be an ES-335 sized guitar. Its not. Its huge! When he's holding a H150, it looks like a uke on him...

Very Nice updates DC Ron. That is the most stunning flame maple I have ever seen. Yeah, I guess that guitar was proportional for me. Ended up trading DC ron for an Eagle Classic which I loved, sold, and replaced with a 2014 Eagle Classic for the same price. Same color (Almond Sunburst) but with a beefier neck. There is a lot to like about that Midi Eagle and with those upgrades you added, will make a great Midi guitar. GOOD STUFF.....

Archived