Heritage Owners Club

Prospect

gnappi

Given that Gibson had a great number of guitars sold with their reduced body size like the 339 and Midtown guitars, I'm surprised that there are so few Prospect guitars out there.

The prospect is a tad bigger than a 339, and smaller than a 335, to me a perfect size. What is it about them that only a few like?

Structurally the Prospect has the floating center block where as the Gibbys dont. As far as why there isnt more of them out there, I think that most people dont know they exist.

I'm currently in the market for a Blues Deluxe version on the Prospect...

You can order a Prospect with floating block, standard semi-hollow or full hollow.

Mine is full hollow

Maybe that's the problem? Mine is semi hollow, master volume, 2 tone controls, HB pups, all black hardware in a custom color. Maybe the gibby guys aren't aware that you can "have it your way" with a Heritage? :-)

What do you mean by a "Floating block?"

She has a fatter rear than the Gibson, narrow waist, goofy ears, and sometimes gives unwanted feedback. That all can be off-setting to some guys.....

But seriously, it took me a while to decide to get one. I picked mine up, used, with 59s. It's a very punchy guitar with similar characteristics to my 535. I like it quite a bit, but being a bigger guy the smaller size of the Prospect isn't a NEED; I'm fine with either size and, maybe I'm deaf, but I don't notice a huge difference in tone due to the size difference. Different Pickups, of course, make my 535 and Prospect sound different.

Archived