Heritage Owners Club

As the company sale announcement looms......

Polo

As the company sale announcement looms............Do you feel that the Heritage guitars built in the first 30 years of business will instantly become more collectable?

I do.

Your thoughts as super supporters?

url_zps3kr88gqg.jpg

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as what I've seen and read on this very board, the sale of the company is thus far a huge troll. Now, I don't purport to be in the know or an insider of any type, but I've neither read nor seen anything concrete.

As somebody with a guitar being built as I'm writing this post, the sale is an issue that is kind of daunting. I realize that this is selfish, but I want ALL attention on MY guitar. Although, I know in my heart that I am ultimately going to receive an instrument of superior quality and playabilty, regardless of any outside issues.

To answer your question though, yes I think they will go up in value and collectability. However, I think it will be for only a short time then and things will settle down.

A sale is indeed looming large. We should have word soon. Having met with all parties, I will say with confidence that good things are on the horizon for Heritage and it's loyal followers. I'm optimistic and encourage you to think positive and expect an announcement soon. Good folks wanting to do good things. future................bright.......shades....

Blessed Christmas, holidays & new Heritage year to all.....

Jay Wolfe

If FMIC buys them (or whatever they're calling themselves this week) they will bury Heritage. Then in a few years they will be more collectable.

you're safe!

Yes, the "Pre-CBS" Heritages from the original owners will be worth more. Collectible? Time will tell, but the "originality" is always worth more. And they become mass produced via automation, they maybe great guitars..... but they won't be "original Heritages".

Yes, the "Pre-CBS" Heritages from the original owners will be worth more. Collectible? Time will tell, but the "originality" is always worth more. And they become mass produced via automation, they maybe great guitars..... but they won't be "original Heritages".

I also feel that any Heritage guitar built under new ownership despite staying in the same building will none the less be a "New era Heritage guitar". I hate to be a Debbie downer but that thought kind of bums me out.

While I understand that a change of ownership doesn't necessarily mean that the quality of these instruments will decrease, I can't help but speculate that the emphasis on creating "handcrafted guitars" isn't exactly a priority to the prospective buyer when Heritage's biggest dealer has already commented that they are considering "upgrading the shop and wanting to increase production and brand awareness."

I know this is probably not generally accepted, but I expect Heritage may become much stronger after the sale than it has been before. Of course that has pluses and minuses, but I'm thinking the good will outweigh the bad if they do it right. It would be very easy for a big outfit to come in and just ruin the brand and the instrument, but why bother, Heritage isn't a big threat to anyone in it's present iteration. So I'm thinking anyone who would want to buy it probably has Heritages best interests at heart. At least I hope so.

From a selfish point of view, I hope my custom order completes (and with the highest quality standards) before any such transaction occurs.

Now from a non-selfish point of view, I can only hope what individual or group(s) assume control of the company, I do hope the history and the originality of the company remains in tact. Any investor will have to update the building as it's very old and probably needs a lot of work to keep it safe for production.

And.... if they debut a new universally admired headstock to celebrate the new ownership.. and it is desired amongst all of the guitar forums as beautiful and coveted for it's new aesthetic appeal... then what?

( I'm just stirring the pot here btw..)

they are considering "upgrading the shop and wanting to increase production and [/font][/color]brand awareness."

Well, perhaps I was somewhat misleading, however unintential. By "upgrading" I meant bring up to OSHA standard- safer, better equipment, dust collection & the like. "Brand awareness" & "increase production" are words I typed for brevity & somewhat hurriedly. Personally I'd love to see some marketing, better setups, some inventory, etc. Heritage has never been marketed and some really good models have not sold well because folks just aren't aware of them.

If Heritage doesn't change hands, they will one day just close it & go home. I'd love to see the brand continue. Anyone buying it will want (insist) Marv, Jim & others to remain for a long period. A change will occur. It's for the best and will make these fine Guitars available for generations to come.

Jay

they are considering "upgrading the shop and wanting to increase production and [/font][/color]brand awareness."

Well, perhaps I was somewhat misleading, however unintential. By "upgrading" I meant bring up to OSHA standard- safer, better equipment, dust collection & the like. "Brand awareness" & "increase production" are words I typed for brevity & somewhat hurriedly. Personally I'd love to see some marketing, better setups, some inventory, etc. Heritage has never been marketed and some really good models have not sold well because folks just aren't aware of them.

If Heritage doesn't change hands, they will one day just close it & go home. I'd love to see the brand continue. Anyone buying it will want (insist) Marv, Jim & others to remain for a long period. A change will occur. It's for the best and will make these fine Guitars available for generations to come.

Jay

I bet Jay is buying them...[emoji133]

And.... if they debut a new universally admired headstock to celebrate the new ownership.. and it is desired amongst all of the guitar forums as beautiful and coveted for it's new aesthetic appeal... then what?

( I'm just stirring the pot here btw..)

:puke:

Jay

I like that approach Jay, that makes sense on so many levels.

Bottom line is WHOEVER buys Heritage will want to make money & turn a profit. If they want to make more money & more profit than the original owners they can only do this by;

-selling more guitars at current price (advertising & brand awareness works)

-selling fewer guitars ( by increase the price)

-selling the same or fewer guitars (cut materials and manufacturing costs)

Choice #3 scares me, just saying.

Collectible . . . COLLECTIBLE?!

In four years, I've 'collected' four The Heritage guitars - precision tools (that look fantastic) used to make music.

I can see why folks might hang 'em as art but, these were made to be played.

To me, there is NO other reason to own a modern guitar.

This thread needs more pictures.

a2ee49fae5f0735653c70b266e2d5e8b_zps02bf

Regarding the OP's question, I think some enthusiasts will only want the original Heritages and will seek them out.

Some people wont care one jot. They will pick up a guitar and play it, if they like it they will put it on their short list and come back to it later or just buy it there and then.

As for the sudden price increase, thats up to the enthusiasts.

Archived