Heritage Owners Club

Look what I found at Wolfe! Heritage H150MH / H357

SlappyTappy

As I found myself in Florida this weekend, I couldn’t miss the opportunity to visit Wolfe Guitars in the flesh. Since I already own a home-built Strat and Tele, as well as a H150, my heart was set on falling in love with a H535. However, after playing a lovely 535 and Prospect (a real surprise hit), the friendly and knowledgeable Graham suggested that given my playing style I might enjoy a go at a H150 with mini-humbuckers AKA the H150 Deluxe. As the kind of player who is usually trying to get my Gibson style guitars to sound brighter and my Fender style guitars to sound fatter, the H150 Deluxe was a surprise smash at nailing that elusive middle ground. I greatly underestimated the tonality of these Lollar Mini Humbuckers given my very limited experience with the Gibson minis of the 70s. After only playing 3 Heritage guitars in the past, playing 4 or 5 in a row really cemented them as my favorite brand. Every specimen I play is just wonderful, well above average for this style of guitar.

wQApfwp.jpg

Then, as I’m checking out, I’m granted a peek at this already sold gem. Gorgeous!

5hPslqr.jpg

fdQ25aT.jpg

Many thanks to Graham and the kind gents at Wolfe, wonderful customer service.

Congratulations on being in Florida, visiting Wolfe's (I made it to the Nashville store once on my WAY to Florida!), and your new Heritage! I'm glad you had the opportunity to give several Heritages a spin in one sitting; I'm with you, they are my favorite brand. Now, go play the crap out of that thing!

I just bought the cherryburst one. When I called, Graham said one had just sold. You just can't beat minihumbuckers in a LP deluxe style guitar. Enjoy!

Is that a Heritage Firebird?

You will see the cherryburst one in the background, it was a tough decision between the two. The top on it is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats!

Yes, that is indeed a venerable H357 with flame maple and mahogany stringers. The rest is korina. Stunning guitar.

Very happy for you, congratulations. Also a little jealous, the 150 with minis is on my very short list when/if I buy another new guitar. Enjoy.

Archived