Heritage Owners Club

Interesting Gil Yarn/Heritage Story

kzoolou

I was watching a Youtube Channel called Tim and Pete's Guitar Show (Tim Pierce/Pete Thorn) where they talk with Gil Yaron, a guitar builder from Isreal. He talks about meeting up with the guys at Parson's Street in his quest for old school techniques to replicate the early LP tones.

It's a long episode, the story starts here:

https://youtu.be/J4Wer_Ce2h8?t=43m33s

I watched the whole episode and an additional one from Gil's website. I smell snake oil.

I love how Gil tells the story like he pulled the wool over Marv & Jim's eyes. He tells it as if they laid down at his feet and gave up all the secrets of the 50's Les Paul. The poor bastard didn't know what hit him.

Agree Steiner, rather presumptuous on his behalf, to think those masters would fall prey to "industrial espionage".

I did like one particular comment, when Marv welcomed him to the factory. I've been blessed to feel that way too. Visiting with my Johnny Smith, Marv made me feel like a superstar.

Both the young and old, these folks are all wonderful people.

I'm sure glad I've had the honor to meet them.

Once upon a time in the not so distant past I had the good fortune to sit in on a kind of "tone summit" featuring some REALLY NICE guitars played by some really good players, one of those guitars was a Gil Yaron 59 LP replica. The other guitars included a few newer choice H-150's and a well worn choice R8.

While there is definitely some "snake oil" in the mix when talking about with the merit of the Gil Yaron builds.....time and time again during my lone personal encounter with a G.Y. it proved to be best sounding, most righteous guitar in the room no matter who was playing it or what it was being played thru.

All of the guitars in the room were VERY, VERY close to what I would consider a perfect LP tone........what's funny is that there is probably more that a few thousand dollars difference between some of the pictured guitars here. I suppose IT'S ALL RELATIVE just like anything else in life.

IMAG5194_zps0pt1jxn9.jpg

IMAG5208_zps7q14odzl.jpg

IMAG5193_zpsata01tll.jpg

IMAG5196_zpsu0pqkwud.jpg

12196290_1061968530488563_55054240222608

Archived