Heritage Owners Club

Switch gone bad-Boss DD-3

Anybody ever had a switch go bad in a Boss effects box? When I depress it, the check light comes on but goes out when I release the pedal. I am thinking the switch went bad. I wonder how good their support is. Will find out tomorrow I guess.

Yep a switch on a pedal is like brakes on a car in my opinion. are open to the environment so that dust and crap WILL get in there. They get stomped on regularly. They're cheap and easy to fix/replace. I don't consider a testament to the pedal, unless it happens in the first year or so with light use, then you probably got a bad switch. take 20 minutes to address, and play in peace for X more years....

• 2 weeks later...

Yep a switch on a pedal is like brakes on a car in my opinion. are open to the environment so that dust and crap WILL get in there. They get stomped on regularly. They're cheap and easy to fix/replace. I don't consider a testament to the pedal, unless it happens in the first year or so with light use, then you probably got a bad switch. take 20 minutes to address, and play in peace for X more years....

Kip, are the replacement switches easy to obtain?

Archived