Heritage Owners Club

New Limited Edition H-157W

Steiner

The Gents (and Lady) in Kazoo have a new one for us!

13528868_1186046571461433_71468409376006

Kinda feels like Deja Vu...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Press Release:

Heritage Guitar is proud to introduce its newest limited edition series, the H-157W.

Manufactured at the historic factory at 225 Parsons Street in Kalamazoo, Michigan, the 157W is a refreshed take on a classic design. Like the iconic Heritage H-157 model, the 157W features a solid mahogany body and neck, with multiple white and black binding around the body top and back, and single white binding on the neck and headstock. The limited edition, however, is also crafted using specifically chosen, ultra premium Western Maple. The solid premium mahogany body is hand-selected, and the result is a beautiful, non-weight relieved guitar guaranteed to be less than 9-½ lbs.

The 157W also maintains a vintage Kalamazoo design in regards to the electronics, being the first Heritage guitar packed with ThroBak Electronics. ThroBak KZ-115 PAF humbuckers are wound on the same machine that was used at the Parsons Street factory back in 1957, and provide unmatched tonal reproduction of early PAF pickup dynamics and the low end depth of the originals.

Only 50 guitars will be made available worldwide – 25 in gorgeous Quilted Maple and 25 in stunning Tiger Maple. The instruments are available from Heritage authorized dealers in two new eye-popping finishes – Honey Lemon with nickel hardware and Fireburst with gold hardware. Each guitar is appointed with a matching maple headstock and shadowed “The Heritage” logo.

All elements of this limited production run are overseen by Heritage master builder Pete Farmer.

Other guitar features include:
• 13” width; 17-¼ length; 2” rim thickness
• 17° peghead pitch
• 24-¾” scale
• 22-fret ebony fingerboard
• 12” radius
• Mother-of-pearl block inlays
• ThroBak wiring harness with Luxe Bumble Bee capacitors
• ThroBak pure nickel hex core strings
• Two volume and two tone controls; one toggle switch
• Tone-pro bridge, stop bar tailpiece, speed knobs

We welcome all attendees The NAMM Show (Nashville) to visit the Heritage booth #843 for the opportunity to see the H-157W in person.

You can now place orders through one of our great dealers: http://heritageguitar.com/dealers.

Whew! I don't have to hold in that secret anymore! While I was at the Factory, they were finishing up and sound testing the Antique Natural one in the picture above for summer NAMM. I was asked not to discuss it.

Gents, it is a stunning piece of craftsmanship. While I have no idea of the price tag, it looks great and sounded even better. Not sure who the guy was that was playing it, but he had very versatile chops!

Wow, two incredible beauties. Well done Heritage family. These both represent incredible additions to the many masterpieces of 225 Parsons Street.

Hoping we can see one up close and personal in July : )

They are dealer priced by sequential number with lower numbers paying a premium! #1 in each color is the most expensive. Retail $6000- 8000

With LW solid mahogany body upgrades, premium wood packages, High end pickups, maple head veneers you have substantial upgrade costs.

LTD2_zpsnv2hxa3l.jpg
LTD3_zps14orgspz.jpg
LTD4_zpsmaanofgj.jpg
LTD5_zpsf5q6nbxn.jpg

They are dealer priced by sequential number with lower numbers paying a premium! #1 in each color is the most expensive. Retail $6000- 8000

With LW solid mahogany body upgrades, premium wood packages, High end pickups, maple head veneers you have substantial upgrade costs.

So what will that $6000-8000 (msrp) workout to for the average Joe who's interested in possibly buying one? $3500-$5500?

Also, is this sequential number pricing thing something new or standard practice on limited edition runs?? It seems kind of silly to me.

So what will that $6000-8000 (msrp) workout to for the average Joe who's interested in possibly buying one? $3500-$5500?

Also, is this sequential number pricing thing something new or standard practice on limited edition runs?? It seems kind of silly to me.

MSRP - Manufacturer SUGGESTED retail price

MAP - Minimum Advertised price

This pricing by sequential number is new to me, maybe a new strategy... #1 is the most expensive.

I stated list price simply because it is not my place to determine the discount a dealer is willing to allow, These special limited editions I suspect will be mostly made for buyers placing orders, not dealers for inventory which in my opinion means there will be less opportunity to shop MAP prices through online searches. There are dealers here, myself included that will be willing to discuss buyer opportunities and discounts we are willing to offer. It is a little awkward saying that this will be a price for #7 or #18 is available at this price, or #1 is gone but I can offer #25 the last one at this special price.

I will say I really like the direction this guitar was spec'd out with. These are gonna be total big G killers, KILLER upgrades and true to Historic specs in most aspects!

$4500 and up?! I'm sitting this one out. I'm sure there are some that will pony up, just not me. But they do look great.

I understand these are not commonly what buyers are use to seeing, IF you ordered a pimped up a guitar like that, those upgrades would put you put you in the same ballpark. I believe we will all see appreciation in our instruments under the new PRO marketing ownership.

My personal opinion is that ALL HERITAGE GUITARS are extremely undervalued... My hands have been on a large volume of guitars and there is no better deal in handcrafted guitars or CNC manufactured guitars than a Heritage Guitar.

This pricing by sequential number is new to me, maybe a new strategy... #1 is the most expensive.

I stated list price simply because it is not my place to determine the discount a dealer is willing to allow, These special limited editions I suspect will be mostly made for buyers placing orders, not dealers for inventory which in my opinion means there will be less opportunity to shop MAP prices through online searches. There are dealers here, myself included that will be willing to discuss buyer opportunities and discounts we are willing to offer. It is a little awkward saying that this will be a price for #7 or #18 is available at this price, or #1 is gone but I can offer #25 the last one at this special price.

I will say I really like the direction this guitar was spec'd out with. These are gonna be total big G killers, KILLER upgrades and true to Historic specs in most aspects!

Wow, that sounds like a Gibby pricing scheme, to me. $8k for a guitar? Sorry, uh ......... no.

$4500 and up?! I'm sitting this one out. I'm sure there are some that will pony up, just not me. But they do look great.

MAP pricing will start at $4500 on up.

Thanks for the info and further explanation here Guy, it's very much appreciated!!!

As a Heritage Super Fan/Supporter I'm simply thrilled about this run of LE guitars. They look AMAZING!!! The incorporation of these various Throbak components is the absolute perfect upgrade!

As a average Joe guitar player/buyer I'm INSTANTLY turned off by the voodoo economic pricing scale and $4500 starting price!

While I'm fully aware that my opinion will most likely be in the minority I'm going to say that showing up to NAMM as a newly acquired company with a new showcase product that's nearly twice the amount as the standard model might not be the best way to drum up interest in the product.........but as I've said before....what the hell do I know?

As always I'm wishing our friends at Heritage all the best!!

I'm ready to start saving for one. That's some serious coin, but with the upgraded wood package and electronics you get superior quality and an exquisite handmade guitar. Now which finish to get .......

I've seen both in person, they are truly beautiful to witness with the naked eye. The pictures do not do them justice.

Remember the 157 LE was expensive but sold out and it had a single Custom Shop Seymour Duncan Staple P-90 which is nothing compared to Throbak. They were nearly $4,000 is memory serves. There wasn't any special wiring harnesses, paints, select woods... A run of the mill 157...

These 157W's are a few notches above the 157LE.

I couldn't find any mention of these on the website. Dealer promo, I guess?

I like the direction this indicates. Things couldn't stay the same. If they're going to claim that they build as good of a guitar as there is, they need to back it up. Components are part of that equation, even though they're not manufactured by the guitar builder. The "best pickup" debate aside, there'd be little argument that ThroBak's have a seat at the table, and they share a tangible tie to Parsons Street. These are statement pieces in every way. I can't afford one, but I'd be disappointed if they were less expensive.

I really like everything they're doing with the company. They're showcasing the unique story and history of everything from the brick and mortar to the craftsmen. This is a story that's been undersold and overlooked. That history has value beyond the instrument itself. I'm preaching to the choir here.

I hope the guys who started this company and are now moving on are very proud of what they built and where it's headed now. What this company is and should be is probably more apparent to those of us on the outside than to those within.

Just one bit of advice to Heritage if they're going to start playing with the big boys in that price range. When you're starting to get in the price range of McInturff and Collings, The fit and finish better be perfect and the weight better be under 8 1/2 pounds. Because that's what the other big boys are producing, Perfect fit and finish and lightweight solid body guitars

MAP pricing will start at $4500 on up.

I understand these are not commonly what buyers are use to seeing, IF you ordered a pimped up a guitar like that, those upgrades would put you put you in the same ballpark. I believe we will all see appreciation in our instruments under the new PRO marketing ownership.

My personal opinion is that ALL HERITAGE GUITARS are extremely undervalued... My hands have been on a large volume of guitars and there is no better deal in handcrafted guitars or CNC manufactured guitars than a Heritage Guitar.

Even at the MSRP listed above, these amazing instruments are STILL less expensive than their Gbrand Custom Shop cousins.

Also, kudos to the upscale marketing and exquisite photography!! Pictures sell!

We've been spoiled, and I think anyone who's been here for any length of time will admit to that. So many fabulous, for example, used (though it would be difficult to tell that) 150's have been through so many hands on the forum for $1500 (in a world of $4500 used Historics) that we've lost our perspective. I'm beyond fortunate in having been able to acquire a pretty nice pile of lumber from a variety of builders. Included in that pile are three exceptional instruments: A McInturff Carolina Custom, A Jack Dent Crossroads, and a Heritage custom spec'd Super Eagle. All high-dollar pieces in which I absolutely delight, and all of which I gig! The least expensive of the three was the Super Eagle, which I bought new for around the number Paul threw out as MAP (minimum advertised price). Are the new 157's expensive? They are...relative to the Heritage pricing we've become used to. But placed in the context of the broader world of bespoke musical instruments, they make a kind of sense. We all wanted Heritage to survive the two or three times they looked as though they were going under in the last ten years or so, didn't we? Well, the new ownership may see this as the way. To all appearances, these pieces are stunning!

Just one bit of advice to Heritage if they're going to start playing with the big boys in that price range. When you're starting to get in the price range of McInturff and Collings, The fit and finish better be perfect and the weight better be under 8 1/2 pounds. Because that's what the other big boys are producing, Perfect fit and finish and lightweight solid body guitars

I can't speak to weight guarantees but the new people involved have promised fit and finish will be looking towards perfection.

That was one of my biggest concerns lately.

I have a few orders coming through soon and look forward to receiving them and not sending them to my guys.

Archived