Heritage Owners Club

New Limited Edition H-157W

Steiner

Just one bit of advice to Heritage if they're going to start playing with the big boys in that price range. When you're starting to get in the price range of McInturff and Collings, The fit and finish better be perfect and the weight better be under 8 1/2 pounds. Because that's what the other big boys are producing, Perfect fit and finish and lightweight solid body guitars

+100

I was a bit disappointed by "under 9 1/2" lbs.

Still gorgeous, but heavy.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+100

I was a bit disappointed by "under 9 1/2" lbs.

Still gorgeous, but heavy.

Under 9 1/2 lbs is pretty fair for an unchambered Les Paul Custom equivalent. Just my opinion of course.

Under 9 1/2 lbs is pretty fair for an unchambered Les Paul Custom equivalent. Just my opinion of course.

Absolutely fair...but when producing a higher tier version, I don't think it is.

I have 2 G-brand historics under 8.5lbs. I've seen some flirt with under 8.

Under 9lbs would be a better place to start I suppose.

Also, if weight is an issue, Heritage offers a weight-relieved option at no additional cost. That might appeal to some potential buyers.

You won't find a bigger Heritage fan boy than me, but for a limited edition $4K guitar all of the run should be 9lbs or under (none weight relieved solid wood).

I have sold & traded a BUNCH of guitars lately. I got a Gretsch Penguin (8.5lbs), Collings City Limits GT (8.0lbs), Knaggs Chesapeake Severn (7.14oz), and a Whitfill Tele (6.3lbs).

The trend and what people want is solid (non-weight relieved) guitars that are resonant and LOW weight!!!

Marvelous! Those guitars are going to look even better after they get banged around for a decade.

You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs . . . some will bitch about value before they buy - some will pay the price and take their chances.

My opinion is that the average Heritage H150 will still be a stupendous bargain and I'll never complain if they sell their premium guitars at prices that are not in my budget. The funny thing about guitars is that they are an art and a tool for art. The aesthetics and performance can be so personal that any one can get flipped to become a 'cold dead hands' instrument. For me, the difference between the H157W and other boutiques in the style is that I'll be more tempted to buy one.

Kudos to management. That up front and honest graduated pricing is innovative and very smart.

Maybe I can get a second job.

Now that "Heritage" has lots of money backing them, you are going to see a lot of new ideas with new price tags. They are buying big booths at NAMM, they are seeking out new artists, they are spending tens of thousands of dollars renevating 225......hopefully the quality comes back up to the standards we are all used to back in the early 2000s. I had been told by a lot more then one person, having neck, checking and QC, fit/finish issues in the past couple yrs....if they want to move ahead with exuberant price tags like that, border lining Gibson CS grade, they have a lot of proving to do to the general public. The poor management, weak CQ, and fit/finish issues of the past few years will be a big hurdle to overcome in todays competitive boutique/high end guitar buyers market. They have a whole new crew down there that seems to be focused on putting out a quality guitar. They will need to step up to the plate and hit a virtual GRAND SLAM out of the park, if they are to succeed.

I like the new logo by the way....

I'm ready to start saving for one. That's some serious coin, but with the upgraded wood package and electronics you get superior quality and an exquisite handmade guitar. Now which finish to get .......

OK - Honey Lemon Tiger Maple - I've been told about 2 months for delivery. - NGD pictures will be posted, exact date unknown. I hear that Tom Petty song running through my head again.

OK - Honey Lemon Tiger Maple - I've been told about 2 months for delivery. - NGD pictures will be posted, exact date unknown. I hear that Tom Petty song running through my head again.

...and that's how to be a stone cold baller!!!!!

Congrats.

Thanks, I'm not excited or anything. I keep telling myself it'll go by quickly, ha ha

Sweet!

Congrats.

AWESOME!!!!

LTD2_zpsnv2hxa3l.jpg

In case no one noticed, we are all now living in the year 2016 and stuff is a lot more expensive now that we've all made it to "the future".

PRS will charge you over $10,000.00 for a quilt top that looks that good. In this case, that guitar is just STUNNING!

You want one, you gotta buy it. ;) The days of brand new Heritage guitars with great looking tops for $1800.00 are g-o-n-e gone.

I personally drew a line in the sand a number of years ago where I told myself that I would never pay more than $4000.00 for ANY guitar. No guitar, I said to myself, is worth over four thousand dollars. Well, that line hasn't moved but the normal guitars I'm interested in have been getting very close to that line or even crossing the $4K line. It's crazy! Currently, the most expensive guitar I've ever bought was originally $4200 but it got marked down because it was a store demo model (and maybe also because it was green hahaha) and I bought it for $3600.00. More and more often these days I find myself thinking that I'm glad I've already got the guitars I have now because I sure as hell wouldn't want to repurchase them again at today's prices.

I think (my opinion) that Heritage should also consider moving in the other direction - they should be thinking about producing some instruments that compete in the $1,000 to $1,500 price range. Gibson does this with the SG and Les Paul Studio line. I think it's a big market they should compete in. Lots of people don't spend $2K, $3K, $4K and up on a guitar. I'm not talking imports. I'm talking stuff made in Kalamazoo. An $1,800 H-137 isn't what I'm talking about - I think it's too expensive for what you get. My opinion only.

I think (my opinion) that Heritage should also consider moving in the other direction - they should be thinking about producing some instruments that compete in the $1,000 to $1,500 price range. Gibson does this with the SG and Les Paul Studio line. I think it's a big market they should compete in. Lots of people don't spend $2K, $3K, $4K and up on a guitar. I'm not talking imports. I'm talking stuff made in Kalamazoo. An $1,800 H-137 isn't what I'm talking about - I think it's too expensive for what you get. My opinion only.

I would rethink that strategy.... These guitars take a lot of time and labor to produce and everyone has to make a little money down the line and we all like handcrafted which is becoming more of a specialty!

This is the only time I have seem PG feature Heritage. Whatever the new owners are doing, it's working.

Video Link

Archived