Heritage Owners Club

should we have a pedal board thread?

JeffB

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had one a few years back and it was fun; who cares if they change all the time. Take a new picture and post your NEW board. Get us started, Jeff!

I dont have one!

I will make something up :D

Nothing exotic rare or overly boutique. Most of it has buffers of varying quality. Its just the stuff that was left standing after the manic pedal splurge of 2006-2012 :)

it wont happen so, "if" I had to do a cover gig, this sterile looking collection of stuff would get me through any.

The cheap Danelectros are good. They sound a bit fizzy at home, just like everything else does, but at decent volume theyre a great pedal.

I run one on all the time set above unity with the amp and with the barest hint of gain dialed in. Its basically clean.

The next dano is set exactly the same but to unity with the new volume. The gain is barely on but following after the first dano the gain level is a nice light bluesy gain.

The Jetter Red 2 shift side is ACDC and any other hardrock stuff. The helium side is any solo boost.

All gain pedals can be switched on at the same without mushing out or compressing too much. About as quiet noise wise as you might hope for.

The delays are set to short and then long.

Brown Eyed girl through to killing in the name of (or insert popular new or old high-ish gain cover song)

IMG_3120_zpso06vq4la.jpg

Simpler version that could probably almost do the same thing. Probably my favourite set up ever.

Not so great at home but sounded pretty great at gig volume.

IMG_3127_zpskq6wzedy.jpg

Love these two fx but never seem to use them. Maybe its, *never seem need them*. The trex sat on the board for 6yrs and hard as I tried I couldnt find many places to use it.

IMG_3128_zpslmwtpm0w.jpg

I dont use any of this stuff at home. I just plug straight in to a clean amp.

But I do still really dig these things.

After last year's PSP, I was tired of just throwing a couple of random pedals on the ground and hoping they would stay put and work. On the way home on Saturday, I hopped of at Ft Wayne to look in Sweetwater, and walked out with a real, honest to goodness pedal board.

I'll have this one at this years PSP. Nothing fancy, just a few essentials. A guitar players's gotta have a wah and something to make it all fuzzy and swimmy.

Pedalboard.jpg

Only 3 people on the HOC with pedal boards!!!

Either that or the "nay" pedal board thread crew have out voted "yays"!!

I thought it might be quite a divisive thread. Didnt realise how much.

Think Ill make another board up, post it and swing the vote a bit.

This combined delay/OD works well as a stand alone. Use it most of the time and suits my lazydon'twannabringtoomuchstuff perspective.

bluebird_zpswe7m5pht.jpg

And this one for the other times. Still has Jeff's all time fav pedal in p1.

pedalboard_zpskgskihkr.jpg

This combined delay/OD works well as a stand alone. Use it most of the time and suits my lazydon'twannabringtoomuchstuff perspective.

bluebird_zpswe7m5pht.jpg

And this one for the other times. Still has Jeff's all time fav pedal in p1.

pedalboard_zpskgskihkr.jpg

Nice to see a post from fxdx99, so, I guess I have to play. Here's what I've been using for the last couple of years. I'm really not a huge fan of the Fuch's Plush, but, I've been too lazy to change it out. I waited over a year for a "King of Tone," and haven't even bothered to hook it up. Just into playing lately, and in a sort of anti-gear phase. I resent having to change strings.

I anticipate needing to add a delay next year to work up some Congolese Soukous tunes with my student funk band --the characteristic guitar sound is pretty drenched with delay-- so, maybe I should check out the Mad Professor. That would be a minimal change out.

009-5-1.jpg

Just into playing lately, and in a sort of anti-gear phase. I resent having to change strings.

... this.

Is that volume and wah on the left of the board?

And Kenny... yes... a naughty simian fer shure :)

Hey Randy, nice to see you.

I may have overstated my dislike for the bad monkey.

I may have, I cant remember what I said about it. :D

I bought a boss OD1 the other day, so, who am I to judge.

Tulk, I often thought the Line6 Relay was the coolest thing on my board. I loved it. Never wanted to use a cable again.

Hey Larry nice to see you play also.

I waited about 14months for the KOT. I sold it a week later. Good OD just didnt work out for me. I already had similar sounding stomps that I didnt use.

Is that volume and wah on the left of the board?

Hey Larry nice to see you play also.

I waited about 14months for the KOT. I sold it a week later. Good OD just didnt work out for me. I already had similar sounding stomps that I didnt use.

Yes, a Goodrich volume pedal and a Fulltone clyde wah. I had an EB vol pedal on another board, so, just thought I would try the Goodrich. It is perhaps slightly less secure at holding a volume setting than the EB --I think the Goodrich is designed for steel players, who always have a foot on the pedal-- but works fine unless I kick the board. There's probably a way to tighten it up, but I haven't found it necessary.

The KofT is still in the box, but I do really dig the "AnalogMan" T-shirt I got when I placed the order. I like to wear it in protest of our digital world, although of course nobody notices --their attention is on their phones.

rat_zps6634c0eb.jpg

I don't think any of my other pedals work... I haven't used them in years.

I have been having some fun with this old RAT pedal though. I also like the fact that is is from Kalamazoo, just like my guitar!

I've got a plastic tote bin storage container which is full of brand new pedals I've collected over the years. Most of them have never been plugged in and I occasionally add to the box. I've also got a brand new pedal board which has it's own case, and it too has never been used. At some point I suppose I'll buy a voodoo power supply and but that in the box too and never use it either. Right now I've got a long line of different amps which I have been using instead of effects pedals in order to get different tones. I seem to like just plugging in directly to the amps directly and messing with the knobs on the amps.

But a question did come up in my mind. I wondered if it were possible to put all the pedals out of sight somewhere and use a numbered foot switch panel to remotely operate the effects pedals by assigning each numbered switch on the foot board to a particular effect. The idea would be that I would have an easier time of stepping on button switches without having to play Tetris with a normal pedalboard and use a lot of care trying to make sure my toe hit the correct effects pedal directly.

rat_zps6634c0eb.jpg

I don't think any of my other pedals work... I haven't used them in years.

I have been having some fun with this old RAT pedal though. I also like the fact that is is from Kalamazoo, just like my guitar!

I know where that came from...

But a question did come up in my mind. I wondered if it were possible to put all the pedals out of sight somewhere and use a numbered foot switch panel to remotely operate the effects pedals by assigning each numbered switch on the foot board to a particular effect. The idea would be that I would have an easier time of stepping on button switches without having to play Tetris with a normal pedalboard and use a lot of care trying to make sure my toe hit the correct effects pedal directly.

All we need is a good tech like the late great Brian Farmer. He worked for Warren Haynes in the Allman Brother, Govt. Mule and other bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4hgaBKNGVDs

Brian gives us a guided tour of his gear and remote pedal switching system

I've never had anything spectacular on my modest board, but I have fun with some of this stuff. I switch an overdrive out now and again with something else in the second picture, the proverbial "pedals in a drawer." The easiest way to get consistent good tones when I play at church once in awhile is going direct to the board with my Line 6 POD HD300. Blasphemy, I know.... More often than not, I just plug straight into my 1967 Blackface Pro Reverb or 1977 Silverface Vibrolux Reverb, and use some reverb between 2-4. That's the sound I seem to hear in my head.

ED9DEB3E-AF65-452C-A8B4-33F240492FE2_zps

9F054E70-7CD3-4B06-AA19-B713E56ED56A_zps

4096DA28-8807-4DC5-B4EE-809DA6FB0127_zps

No pics, and too lazy right now to shoot some. But just re-did the board. Five ODs, 1 delay, 1 Univibe, 1 tuner on a BIG pedal board. Like them all on their even if I don't use all the pedals. I am the opposite of Randy.... too lazy to pull them off. Just hall the whole board in and everything is there just in case.

Archived