Heritage Owners Club

Luck of the Draw (NGD)

DavesNotHere

I want to thank everyone at Heritage for another wonderful PSP!

A great big shout out of thanks to Josh for organizing the event again this year. You were missed. Thanks to Guy for being our official, unofficial master of ceremonies, or was it the unofficial, official master of ceremonies? Anyway, it was great to see everyone again. Also last but not least, our own Man Behind the Curtain, Mr Root Admin. Thanks John! Without your vision for the HOC, and selfless dedication to keeping the site up and running on a daily basis, and all of the joys and sorrows that accompany it, none of the festivities of the last nine years would have happened!

I'm still in shock at having Ren draw my name as the winner of this year's Grand Prize. I had a long drive home last night and had a chance to snap a couple of photos before it got dark.

This is a 2016 Heritage H-555 in trans black burst, chrome hardware, ebony fret board, block inlays, oversize bound headstock..whew I need to take a breath, five piece highly flamed maple neck, SD59s. This definitely a uniquely appointed 555.

Heritage certainly doesn't have to put up with our lot every year and they certainly don't have to donate anything like this to the cause as it were.

I must say, this may be the most nicely appointed guitar that Heritage has been kind enough to donate to the HOC festivities.

I had been kicking around ideas for my next build for the last couple of months. What I knew for certain is that is would be a 535 with a five piece neck with an ebony fret board. Well this baby certainly fit the bill!

Arnie told me the neck was originally intended for a custom Roy Clark model, but he didn't install the correct inlay and binding, so he had to put this one aside and make a new one. When Heritage was discussing the PSP build he suggested using the Roy Clark neck on the build.

Here a few quick shots before I leave for a four day camping trip with my ten year old.

DSCF8026_zps1sx6yp2k.jpg

DSCF8025_zpslxjv3uds.jpg

DSCF8059_zps5ifdkr1h.jpg

DSCF8055_zpsgcgoezd8.jpg

DSCF8054_zpshzzuj75z.jpg

Three quick things....

1. It couldn't have happened to a better guy.

2. Dave turned white as a sheet and I thought he was going to pass out. He was truly in shock and sincerely grateful.

3. As good as those pictures are, the guitar looks LITERALLY a million times better in person. It is just drop dead gorgeous!!!!

It's wonderful to see that prime example go to a contributing and member in good standing!

Congrats DavesNotHere!

Archived