Heritage Owners Club

NGD: Acoustic Super Eagle (in memoriam Patrick)

Frank67

Dear fellow Heritage enthusiasts,

a week ago I took delivery of a really stunning Heritage instrument. It had extensive input from the late Patrick Amato, who is know very well to this community of course. Sadly, Patrick could not see the offspring of the extensive discussions that we had about the design of this guitar. It is another masterpiece out of Parsons street - an acoustic Super Eagle with a floating pickup. There are a few custom features like the bridge (from Bill Gagnon), the tailpiece (from ABM in germany) the pickup (Jason Lollar JS). This guitar will always remind me of Patrick. Although we never met, I felt close to him and he provided me with a lot of insight about jazz guitars in general. I dedicate this to his memory.

The guitar is wonderful, beautiful, plays like a dream and sounds like ... see for yourself - there is a video at the end of the post. More information and discussion is already over at the jazz guitar forum.

IMG_5159_zpsycgzev97.jpg

IMG_5160_zpsk7gdadr7.jpgIMG_5161_zpsttbnsr4m.jpgIMG_5162_zps5dg1get2.jpgIMG_5163_zpsljak5xas.jpgIMG_5164_zpshw6mtf9t.jpgIMG_5165_zpsqexnopju.jpg

... and here is the video. It is one of my favorite gypsy waltzes - "Bistro Fada" from the the Woody Allen movie "Midnight in Paris" (fun movie!) as composed and played (much better) by Stephane Wrembel - hope you enjoy!

Archived