Heritage Owners Club

Long legs and short shafts

Farmboyjo

Not sure if that's a topic or a punchline...

I'm looking at making some changes to my 1995 H157 as I have a line on some specific hardware at a good price. I haven't had my guitar apart yet so would appreciate the experience of others.

Would the standard pots in a H157 be short shaft, and being made in America I expect 3/8" shaft? Long 3-way switch?

Onto pickup legs, I've read that a H140 would need short legs... Would I need long legs in a H157? The Dimarzio 36th Anniversary sound like what I want but have short legs I think. Anybody had concerns installing these in a 157?

Thank so much,

FBJ

I would caution you to check the depth of the pickup cavities. I've had many 90s'-era Heritage guitars that required modification in order to use long leg pickups. It mostly depend on the neck angle, and seeing as Heritage are hand made the 'ol way, they can/do vary. When I have had to modify in the past, I've used a Forstner bit to create a clean looking job. Short shaft pots will work fine.

Not sure if that's a topic or a punchline...

You called it! Hahahaha... There is a subset of us here who have that problem. It is a protected forum.

Archived