Heritage Owners Club

H-110 - Solid, Semi, or Hollow?

DetroitBlues

I was under the impression the H-110 was a semi-hollow body guitar. I swear it was listed as such. However, looking at the website, its listed and described as a solid body guitar.

Did this change under the new ownership? Oversight in the Website? Or have they always been solid body?

It was introduced as a solid body, but Heritage will hollow it out (aka 'chamber') it at no extra cost.

After reading the other thread about options costing more than before, it begs the question...Is chambering still a NO CHARGE option?

I heard just the opposite. A number of years ago, I talked to a guy at Heritage who said he designed the H110 (also asked him how he came up with that design) and he told me it was originally released as what we now call a semi-solid guitar but that if anyone wanted one without it being chambered or hollowed out, they would certainly make it that way for you as a solid body.

I heard just the opposite. A number of years ago, I talked to a guy at Heritage who said he designed the H110 (also asked him how he came up with that design) and he told me it was originally released as what we now call a semi-solid guitar but that if anyone wanted one without it being chambered or hollowed out, they would certainly make it that way for you as a solid body.

You are probably correct. My memory is like a mirror...everything is reversed and backwards. :icon_shaking2:

I can't speak to whether it's solid, semi, or hollow, but it's the God-Awful-est design ever to come out of 225 Parsons Street, IMHO. Fugly enough to have come from Hamer. Apologies to H-110 and Hamer owners in advance.... :laughing7:

Such comments are very subjective, and I couldn't disagree more. In fact the next Heritage I buy I'm quite certain will be an H-110.

I can't speak to whether it's solid, semi, or hollow, but it's the God-Awful-est design ever to come out of 225 Parsons Street, IMHO. Fugly enough to have come from Hamer. Apologies to H-110 and Hamer owners in advance.... :laughing7:

Brian, you're forgetting the Blue Whale :icon_silent: (can't find the pic). Altho' not in production, I believe most of us voted it the "God-Awful-est Design" at the time. And of course, there were still a few that liked it.

When I was ordering my Prospect Marv kept pushing the H110 on me. Said they could make it solid, semi or hollow ..... if I'd just buy one. It hadn't taken off quite like expected at the time. I think it's an okay design. It's appeal to me very much impacted by the color.

The H-110 is a solid body. It can be ordered what they call LW. Weight relieved.

All the H-110s I have sold the guitarists have loved them.

I specifically remembering them telling us at a PSP when they announced the 110 that it would be a chambered body/weight relieved body with an option being a solid body via custom order.

I specifically remembering them telling us at a PSP when they announced the 110 that it would be a chambered body/weight relieved body with an option being a solid body via custom order.

They were originally. I called and posed the question to Ren. He e-mailed me back stating they are solid body now with LW option.

I'd disagree, I think the 170 and 137DC are the worst design. I like the 110 much better. Might even be my next order.

I know I haven't been here much, but I'm really disappointed in yous guys. I am absolutely astounded at the failure of this community to maintain a modicum standard of forum etiquette.....this is post #18 of this thread and not a single photo? What the hell is going on around here?!?!!?!? What if newbs are finding their way here from Twitter or other!?!?!?!

Do I have to do everything myself?

https://youtu.be/7h7qBlE3nOI

https://youtu.be/1xnRPAUIBvQ

Melchi%20110_zpsnhg1mt2k.jpg

heritage-h110-burst-2009-cons-full-front

Never really understood this one.

When I see a H-110.........I simply see an H-170 that's no longer symmetrical.

Whatevs. To each their own as they say.

Well, yeah, if your guitars are just wall art! If you play the dern things once in a while, that little extra length comes in handy (which is exactly what she said!)

ducking and running.....

Well, yeah, if your guitars are just wall art! If you play the dern things once in a while, that little extra length comes in handy (which is exactly what she said!)

ducking and running.....

Okay, I think I'm getting it now.

The strangely elongated top horn provides a wider angle for the player's guitar strap which in turn allows the guitar to be played with greater comfort whilst being pointed outward from the players crotch.

Sounds awesome......in fact while typing this out I inadvertently put one foot up on my desk and began flipping my tongue about wildly.

Consider me sold!

Okay, I think I'm getting it now.

The strangely elongated top horn provides a wider angle for the player's guitar strap which in turn allows the guitar to be played with greater comfort whilst being pointed outward from the players crotch.

Sounds awesome......in fact while typing this out I inadvertently put one foot up on my desk and began flipping my tongue about wildly.

Consider me sold!

You're funny. But, I do like having the strap mounting point a little farther away on a longer upper horn like that. I find it to be noticeably more comfortable.

Archived