Heritage Owners Club

New Pedal Day.

JeffB

I cant play with it until the guitar pedal power supply shop opens and I can purchase one.

About 12hrs til then. Fortunately I will be asleep for 6-7hrs of the 12.

Kingsley Jester v1.

Its a big pedal. I think it and a tuner will fit on my current board.

IMG_3510%202_zpsin3cgi59.jpg

TS9 for size reference.

Two Chewbz for extra chewby toenz.

IMG_3510%203_zpsg0wlwakv.jpg

The current version of it is smaller and uses 12v500ma.

So I cant play through it and hear it but I can stare at it and silently tweak the dials.

Pretty certain that this will be the one. Its big and blue with white dials and any previous experience with big blue pedals with white dials has been positive.

Hanging out to plug it in and wail away.

Mitolo Wines in South Australia produces an extremely nice Cabernet called Jester.

The 2013 vintage is my favourite, but I've never been able to coax any kind of decent tone out of it.

Does not require a power supply.

Mitolo Wines in South Australia produces an extremely nice Cabernet called Jester.

The 2013 vintage is my favourite, but I've never been able to coax any kind of decent tone out of it.

Does not require a power supply.

A good red is usually a great tone enhancer. :dontknow:

Similar idea. I did have the twin tube for a while. Its a good od pedal.

It's very blue.

And big.

Im going to build a ramp up to it so I can switch it on and off.

No luck with a power supply. I tried a few 9V AC/1A power supplies worked and none I tried work.

Ive emailed/bothered Simon at Kingsley to get the exact spec's for the pwer supply to make sure I havnt missed some detail.

If after everything it still doesnt work the seller has offered a refund. He's not a guitar player and I "think" is dealing with a deceased relatives estate. He has been helpful and engaged in the process.

It took Simon at Kingsley exactly 8minutes to return my email!!!

Thats worth mentioning on a guitar forum.

"Hi Jeff,

If you have the correct power supply - as you say, 9VAC @ 1A, then if the LEDs are not coming on the internal fuse is blown. Unplug the pedal and wait a few minutes for any voltage to subside. Open the pedal up and you will see a glass fuse on the power supply tag board. It is a 1A fast blow 20mm fuse. This is probably blown and if you replace it the pedal will probably work fine. It could have blown if the wrong power supply was plugged in at some point.

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers,

Simon Jarrett
www.kingsleyamplifiers.com"

So, replaced fuse, plugged in, got lost wandering around in a joyful sonic soundscape of rich and varied colour, texture, dynamics and timbre.

This pedal is a good thing. I think a very good thing.

I couldnt turn up as loud as stick hitting snare level but I was goaded on by the sounds I was getting to turn up louder than what is polite and neighbourly.

About all I can say at this point is I can hardly wait to play this at a gig. Im excited by what I have heard. Really excited. I generally dont excite easily about anything that involves keeping my trousers on so this is kinda new territory for me.

There arent too many demo's of the Jester out there that go into an in depth look at it. It has frustrated me for the couple of years its been on my mind.

I now understand why. Its quite configurable to an individuals needs/wants. Out side of your own preferences you could spend too much time going through the full range of sounds in it.

The way it responds to a players touch, dynamics, is something I had read about and had seen on vid trying to be demonstrated but until I sat with it and played through it I didnt really get a good idea.

I use to gig with a JTM45 and that amp stood out to me by the way responded to player input. The Jester in front of my ConcertII reminds me of that aspect of the JTM.

Anyway, immediate gratification so far and the power supply and fuse run around actually seems like a good time now, a worthwhile and enjoyable endeavour with great reward as the end result.

This is a happy purchase. Im a happy guy because of it. My life is better as a result.

Honeymoon phase, will report back in 8weeks.

Heres a pic of the inside. Simon did this work. Good work Simon.

IMG_3529_zpse9hravkj.jpg

The strat is loving this thing. Solid fat strat sounds with full tight, bottom end, sweet yet preset highs and warm and clear mids.

Almost forgot I want a 535 for a while there. Its all good, Ive got back on track with that line of ocd..

Funny thing is, its just another OD pedal. It is a cool one though. A lot of other pedals sound similar to it or it to them.

Its the way it compress's and reacts that sets it apart. It does or can sound similar to two I already have but as soon as you switch from one to the other regardless of how close they mimic each others sound you know which one is the Jester.

I will get over it and shut up eventually. I just have get through the whole new relationship thing. Its awkward for everyone I know.

• 3 months later...

Congratulations, again

I did a pedal reprise today as well trying to find a boost for a bit of early metal.

DOD FX10 Preamp

Boss BD-2

Boss OD-3

Wampler Paisley

individually into my Savage Rohr

The Blues Driver won the first round but I'm sure a true metal aficionado would suggest I go back to the shed.

Enjoy that big blue stomp box!

3 months. Is that a new record for liking a pedal?

Nah, its just the pedal I was looking for while going through others.

I tried all the internet darlings and none nailed that low gain, not clean, not dirty, original frequencies fully intact, not overly compressed, not harsh etc, thing.

Im not a pedantic fussy or obsessive guy, I just want a pedal that sounds like its part of the amp Im using and has all those qualities I previously listed.

maybe, Ive misjudged myself all these years :dontknow:

Ive been more than happy with the Jetter Red2 since 14 September 2012 - 12:42 PM.

That pedal works so well with my gear.

So well other guitar players have come up and taken pics of my board to see what Im using!! "Dude your playing sucks but you sound great!!!"

Link http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/topic/19219-just-ordered-a-new-od/

And thats it. Im done. Sorted. Finished. Got the right amp with the right speaker, the right higher gain od, the right lower gain od, the right solo boost(s), the right strat, the right semi, the right other strat, the right H150, the other right other strat.

The thing that amazes me is how easy and how cheap its been to get to this point and how little in the way of time Ive invested in all of this. :unsure_mini:

It's very blue.

And big.

Not at all a bad thing. I still have a "big," "blue" pedal which I got from you, on my board. Taken it off in lieu of something else three or four times. Always finds its way back. It's the homing pigeon of pedals.... Congrats, Jeff! Bet it sounds the business through the Concert!

Not at all a bad thing. I still have a "big," "blue" pedal which I got from you, on my board. Taken it off in lieu of something else three or four times. Always finds its way back. It's the homing pigeon of pedals....

And every time I see a pic of your rig I look to see if it's there. 😎 Pretty cool that 8 yrs (?) On it's still getting used. Must be something to big blue pedals.

That's a whole lotta pedal!! More pre-amp, tone stack than a lot of amplifiers I've seen.

Have you rolled different tubes in it yet or is it so well designed that rolling doesn't result in significant improvements?

Hi.

I havnt done any tube swapping with it. I might get curious one day.

Ive read a few reviews on other forums and some mentioned swapping tubes with varying opinions about the results.

Archived