Heritage Owners Club

The Last One Out The Door

Stringman

Gang:

Getting older as we are, my wife and I are in the process of selling our house and moving into smaller quarters. Not sure just what yet, but a 5 bedroom house isn't needed any more since the 6 kids are grown and gone. This brought up a situation where I am actually in the process of selling of music gear that won't fit in a smaller home.

Here's my question for you: What is absolutely the LAST guitar you would ever consider selling? Downsize the others. Right size some. But what is the "I'm keeping this one until they pry it from my cold, dead hands" guitar for you?

For me, it is without doubt my Heritage H-576. I've had this guitar the longest, it sounds the best, plays the best, is about as versatile of a guitar as you could get and it's the ONLY guitar I ever named. It's staying!!!

How about for you? You can only have one "Last Guitar". Which one?

Take care.

Stringman

post-11498-0-91283800-1487722347_thumb.jpg

I have 2. And sadly, neither are Heritage guitars. And honestly, these two are more sentimental than functional.

#1: '74 LPC - wife says it never goes.

#2: '95 PRS CE24 - very unique in that it's a transitional guitar & has birds when that model didn't. Plus, it replaced #1.

If I get to keep 3, then it's the Heritage Prospect Custom. Then the Larrivee electrics. Then ............ :)

I cannot decide! I'm in love with a harem of amazingly beautiful temptresses, each with their own personalities. Ask me later, much later.

So, for now, I'll just post another shot of Stringman's wonderful H576. Good luck with your downsizing.

post-11498-0-91283800-1487722347.jpg

I can't get down to 1. They will have to bury me with 3.

My mom's 1958 Martin 0-15.

TheFamily-1.jpg

My H150 with Seth's. I can't find a photo of her so I'll have to substitute the old GT

P1010032.jpg

My first PRS Cu24 Artist Pack

IRWPuprings.jpg

Please don't make me whittle things down to one.

I would have to go with two, and both are purely for sentimental reasons. They aren't the most played, or most versatile, but they are both special. The Guild was bought new in 1974. It was bought with hard earned money from a college student playing in a band on weekends to get money for tuition and dates. It has earned it's place in my stable.

The Heritage was my 50th birthday gift to myself. It was custom ordered before I know what custom ordering was. I had just taken up guitar playing again after about 20 years of working, raising kids and being a responsible adult. I played a 150 at Steilberg String Instruments, which was nice, but I wanted the 157. It had to be Almond Sunburst. I still have the brochure with the pricing in it. I waited months before I got the call that my guitar had arrived. I wasn't disappointed.

I'll be playing them in the nursing home! I hope the rest of the wing likes a little Hendrix and Clapton to go with their Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.

gallery_790_192_311136.jpg

I am retired and my wife asked me what she should do with my guitars and amps if I die before her. I took her concerns to heart and sold 12 of my 18 guitars and 6 of my 14 amps. As far as I'm concerned everything but one guitar is fair game to sell. My 1965 Epiphone Granda. Not because it's the best guitar I own, it's not. My late Dad bought it for me. I would even sell my all original 1967 Fender Telecaster for the right price. I love my Heritage H-535, but if I could make money selling it I would, however I would replace it with another H-535 or H-555.

LK155 I think there is an alligator in the background of that pic

Nah. That's Humphrey, the hump-backed whale.

Either that or an overturned fishing boat. Hard to say what you'll see in Georgian Bay.

If I had to downsize for money, then I'd keep an Epiphone and my JCM 800. I wouldn't get much for either anyway.

If for space? I bet I could develop a rotation by "storing" some with friends. If I no longer had friends, then I'd flip a coin between:

H535 w/ the Glaswerks

H157LE w/ the Tone King

This made me think of how fortunate I am for having such gear and it made me think that I really don't have anything except music equipment and some books.

That's such a hard question.

The PRS CE-24 on the left has been my #1 since my late teens...16 years now. I know that guitar like the back of my hand, I will never sell it.

The Heritage Roy Clark 535 in the middle there is second, for sure. It's the finest guitar I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

If I got to keep 3, it would be that Taylor 310 on the floor. The sound has mellowed over time and I love the feel of this acoustic - purchased new in 2002. For a long time the PRS and this Taylor were my only two guitars and I have a lot of memories with them.

RFYATHi.jpg

Archived