Just ordered a Quilter MicroPro Mach II 8" combo.
I spoke to Pat Quilter about the amp and he suggested this model for a great grab and go amp that can also work as a PA/Acoustic Guitar amp, the MicroPro Mach II was the way to go. While he did not intend for the MicroPro Mach II as an acoustic amp, the 8" speaker configuration should work well.
There are several sizes of this amp, 8", 10", 12" HD, and a head version. I chose the 8" because of its tiny footprint and capabilities. 14.5" x 17.5" x 9.75" and weighing in at 19lbs and its a 100w amp!
The amp uses a Celestion TF0818 speaker.
Some of the specs:
- Powerful: 100 watts per channel. 200 watts total when using channel 1 and 2.
- Toneful: Patented next generation analog technology.
- Portable: Take it on board the plane and put in the overhead bin.
- Reliable: Stop fussing with 70 year old unreliable technology and play more!
- Ultra-Light: This is the lightest of our combo amps. About as heavy as your guitar in its case.
- Modular: Combine this with our matching extension speaker, or use your own for outdoor or extremely loud gigs.
- Flexible: Works with nearly any impedance, or even with the speaker unplugged.
- Consistent: Our power supply auto-adapts regardless of the voltage the wall is dishing out. Your tone never suffers, even from "nightclub voltage."