Heritage Owners Club

Bridge upgrade

holyroller

titanium saddles.

Faber® HYBRIDge™ Option

Introducing another Faber® exclusive – the HYBRIDge™ Option. Faber® innovation meets tradition by combining titanium saddles for the wound strings, and brass for the plain strings. Using titanium gets rids of the muddiness that can sometimes occur on the lower strings. Combined with the warmth of traditional brass saddles for the plain strings, the HYBRIDge™ creates a more balanced, focused tone for your guitar! Available as an option on all Faber® bridges. The HYBRIDge™ is used exclusively on the premium Corsa Manalishi guitars. Many sound clips of the HYBRIDge™ can be heard on the Corsa Guitars website.

I have to dig it out but I have a new TonePros nickel set that I bought for the Prospect I sold. It was whatever model number people here at HOC recommended. It may be open, but it is unused. PM me and we can work out a price.

Faber over Tone Pros by a mile. I have yet to meet anyone that hasn't tried both and not preferred Faber over Tone Pros.

You get the quality you pay for...

But some of us have champagne tastes on a beer budget.

Then my response would be, only drink one day a week vs drinking everyday.

In other words, save and buy quality.

But as always.... YMMV

Many options and the run 20% off sales every so often. You might need posts and can choose the saddle material brass, Titanium - Nickle, Chrome, Gloss, Aged, Gold

3033 Gloss Nickel, Natural Brass Saddles

Light years ahead of the usual “set screw” method of locking a bridge to the studs, one look at our system will show it's design superiority and how it actually can increase sustain!

Tone-Lock™ Bridge
#3033 Tone-Lock™ Bridge, Gloss Nickel, Natural Brass Saddles
3033-400x300.jpg

$92.00

In stock

Optional Bridge Studs for Nashville equipped guitars

Available options:

Choose...#3047 BSWKIT™ Gloss Nickel – $28.50 (5% off)#3051 NSWKIT™ Gloss Nickel – $28.50 (5% off)#3116 iNsert™ Gloss Nickel – $28.50 (5% off)
Optional bridge studs for Epiphone & others

Available options:

Choose...#3551 ESWKIT™ Gloss Nickel – $32.30 (5% off)#3160 E-Sert™ Gloss Nickel – $39.90 (5% off)
Non Pre-Notched Saddles

All Faber® bridges have “PRE-Notched” saddles with small starter notches as standard. Select this option ONLY if you want saddles WITHOUT STARTER NOTCHES.

Available options:

Choose...#9000 NPN Saddles Option – $10.00
HYBRIDge™ Option

Available options:

Choose...#9001 HYBRIDge™ Option – $23.00
Spare Parts Kit

Available options:

Choose...Spare Parts Kit, #5078 – $4.90
Spare Parts Kit w/Titanium Saddle

Available options:

Choose...Spare Parts Kit, #5082 – $10.00

Total: $92.00

Th
POLICIES:

• 1 month later...

I have the same question as holyroller. Will those fit on Heritage studs?

and are you selling these Spectrum?

Soybean,

I am a customer of CV Guitars the supplier for Faber in the USA. The studs should be imperial. On my Prospect I had the bridge and studs dropped shipped to Parsons street liked the hardware so much I retro fitted the Tonepros on my 150 and Millie, pulled out the Nashville anchor and replace with the Faber studs.

titanium saddles.

Faber® HYBRIDge™ Option

Introducing another Faber® exclusive – the HYBRIDge™ Option. Faber® innovation meets tradition by combining titanium saddles for the wound strings, and brass for the plain strings. Using titanium gets rids of the muddiness that can sometimes occur on the lower strings. Combined with the warmth of traditional brass saddles for the plain strings, the HYBRIDge™ creates a more balanced, focused tone for your guitar! Available as an option on all Faber® bridges. The HYBRIDge™ is used exclusively on the premium Corsa Manalishi guitars. Many sound clips of the HYBRIDge™ can be heard on the Corsa Guitars website.

Dan is paid to endorse Faber. One question though, why do you never see them advertised if they are such the cat's meow??

I'm 110% in the Faber camp as well. I did my homework, the materials and the science, all transparent and readily available to anyone who takes the time to read the info, all checks out. None of the other brands take a similar approach. I know nothing of their business model, but market share is irrelevant. That logic would suggest that a corolla is a better car than a Ferrari. Ferrari makes money, and maintains quality with their model. Faber does the same.

For me, and many others, it's no contest.

All Faber. All the time.

06A78B1D-B40C-4CD9-A583-1758D1CA2D69_zps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 110% in the Faber camp as well. I did my homework, the materials and the science, all transparent and readily available to anyone who takes the time to read the info, all checks out. None of the other brands take a similar approach. I know nothing of their business model, but market share is irrelevant. That logic would suggest that a corolla is a better car than a Ferrari. Ferrari makes money, and maintains quality with their model. Faber does the same.

For me, and many others, it's no contest.

All Faber. All the time.

06A78B1D-B40C-4CD9-A583-1758D1CA2D69_zps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

Perfectly stated.

It would be interesting to hear the differences in all these bridges.

How easy would it be for a non-techie to install Fabers on a 150 and 535?

Seems like it would be well over a few hundred dollars to hire this done on two guitars.

And I only drink once a week. :drunken_smilie:

Has anyone here ever spent the $250 for a callaham bridge and tailpiece?

Yes, once. And I like the Faber stuff much better. Faber has a better locking mechanism and a sweeter vintage tone. Again your version may vary.

Based entirely on the strong recommendations from Kuz and kidsmoke, I'm going to try Faber. I'm certain I can't hear the nuances that some on here can. If it makes a difference I can hear, that'd be a big difference. I'm skeptical. But, it's worth finding out. I might be missing something and not even know it.

The most likely candidate for this upgrade is a 150 Goldtop with Antiquities. The least showy and the most worn of my Heritage's, but the most played. It has Tonepros now, so unfortunately I won't get a comparison (and maybe not the bang for the buck) that I'd get if I was replacing Schaller. The other candidates are a 157, a 150 Ultra, a 150 Deluxe, a Roy Clark, and a Millennium Pro. The Millennium and the Ultra have Tone Pros, the rest have Schaller. The Millennium or the 157 are the next most likely candidates. Are the differences more noticeable on semi-hollows?

FWIW, my tailpiece bushings are metric. Also, the bridge bushings are the "Insert" (smaller) size as opposed to the "Esert". Specifically, if I don't change my mind from the Goldtop, I'll order a 5015 Master Kit and the 3117 Inserts. I've sent Faber an email asking if the HYBRIDge is available in the Master Kit. Disregarding finish, the Faber replacement for mine is the "Metric Master Kit" and the appropriate "Insert".

The main difference in the Faber is quality and a better locking system on both the TOM Bridge and the locking Stoptail. I gained some sustain fopr sure, but the biggest difference in tone for me, was the Aluminum Stoptail (that is the vintage correct material = aluminium for the stoptail). It gave a more open, ringing, sustaining tone over the heavier deader sounding pot metal stoptail.

Archived