Heritage Owners Club

Bridge upgrade

holyroller

Seriously,,,, is the Fabre stuff that much of difference. I am looking at the Fabre hybrid with the brass and titanium saddles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Faber (FAY-BER)

as opposed to

Fabre (FAH-BREY) as in Brett Favre (FAH-VREY) (not FARVE)

Has anyone here ever spent the $250 for a callaham bridge and tailpiece?

I spent about $125 for a Callaham bridge on my Tele. Worth every penny. Haven't tried their other bridges.

I had a Faber on my SG and it was magnificent. But my 535 has tone pros and I can't see myself changing it out. Both are excellent imho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The main difference in the Faber is quality and a better locking system on both the TOM Bridge and the locking Stoptail. I gained some sustain fopr sure, but the biggest difference in tone for me, was the Aluminum Stoptail (that is the vintage correct material = aluminium for the stoptail). It gave a more open, ringing, sustaining tone over the heavier deader sounding pot metal stoptail.

Quality in terms of construction and materials? Or quality in terms of design and engineering. If you say the latter, then your point is well taken. I see nothing inferior with the construction quality of Tonepros, its top of the line, but perhaps the design is inferior to Faber. Never tried the Faber and probably won't anytime soon, unless I see a reason to change something out. My ears will NEVER hear the difference anyhow.

It would be interesting to hear the differences in all these bridges.

How easy would it be for a non-techie to install Fabers on a 150 and 535?

Seems like it would be well over a few hundred dollars to hire this done on two guitars.

And I only drink once a week. :drunken_smilie:

Well lets make sure we tip a beer together during PSP

Quality in terms of construction and materials? Or quality in terms of design and engineering. If you say the latter, then your point is well taken. I see nothing inferior with the construction quality of Tonepros, its top of the line, but perhaps the design is inferior to Faber. Never tried the Faber and probably won't anytime soon, unless I see a reason to change something out. My ears will NEVER hear the difference anyhow.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion Will.

Yes Faber is superior (in my opinion in all categories of construction, materials, and design). No more tiny locking set-screws to loose. No gaps on the stoptail to the studs.

I have used Faber, Callaham, and Tonepros. So my opinions are based on my only conclusions using all three brands. Faber wins, period.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion Will.

Yes Faber is superior (in my opinion in all categories of construction, materials, and design). No more tiny locking set-screws to loose. No gaps on the stoptail to the studs.

I have used Faber, Callaham, and Tonepros. So my opinions are based on my only conclusions using all three brands. Faber wins, period.

OK good to know all of that. It wasn't an opinion John, it was more of a question but glad you told me I was entitled to an opinion. I only have experience with the TP's and as I said, you could put the best locking bridge and tailpiece on the planet on my guitar and it would not make any difference to my ears. So what holds it in place if there are no tiny set screws?

I only have experience with the TP's and as I said, you could put the best locking bridge and tailpiece on the planet on my guitar and it would not make any difference to my ears. So what holds it in place if there are no tiny set screws?

TP uses a tiny screw (easy to loose) that screws into the threads on the side of the bride post. Not a firm design that can gubber up the threads. Yes it keeps the bridge from moving up or down and falling off when you remove all 6 strings so you do not loose your set up. The bridge posts on the TP Nashville bridge screw into a molly like anchor and the fit is not very tight and you can "rock" the bridge back and forth when the strings are off. Not a solid connection as string need to be tuned to hold the system firm. Faber uses a thick stainless steel threaded post that screws deeper into the wood top and will not "rock" The bridge is secured by a "nipple" just like on a bicycle wheel that grabs the threads on top of the bridge post and "locks" as the nipple pulls the top of the bridge into the threads. Faber saddles have a more defined factory indentation and you have the choice of brass or titanium. Rather that the wide Nashville bridge Faber is ABR-1 without saddle retention wire so you can lower the tailpiece closer to the top and the strings clear the rear of the bridge (better clearance) The design does away with "rocking torque" so the pressure from the strings exerts its forces only on the top of the saddles.

TP uses a tiny screw (easy to loose) that screws into the threads on the side of the bride post. Not a firm design that can gubber up the threads. Yes it keeps the bridge from moving up or down and falling off when you remove all 6 strings so you do not loose your set up. The bridge posts on the TP Nashville bridge screw into a molly like anchor and the fit is not very tight and you can "rock" the bridge back and forth when the strings are off. Not a solid connection as string need to be tuned to hold the system firm. Faber uses a thick stainless steel threaded post that screws deeper into the wood top and will not "rock" The bridge is secured by a "nipple" just like on a bicycle wheel that grabs the threads on top of the bridge post and "locks" as the nipple pulls the top of the bridge into the threads. Faber saddles have a more defined factory indentation and you have the choice of brass or titanium. Rather that the wide Nashville bridge Faber is ABR-1 without saddle retention wire so you can lower the tailpiece closer to the top and the strings clear the rear of the bridge (better clearance) The design does away with "rocking torque" so the pressure from the strings exerts its forces only on the top of the saddles.

That was excellent Spectrum! You need to write an article!

The brass / titanium bridge has me thinking . Sounds like it would bring out more tone. I read a review of the prs using the all brass bridge , and they said there was no noticeable difference between the to .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived