Heritage Owners Club

Kingsley Jouster

JeffB

Anyone here use,have,had or tried one?

Theres a 25week wait if I want one and I cant find one locally to try before I go ahead and sign up.

I have the jester v1 and really like it, enough to want to get another Kingsley and throw everything else out. :)

What amp do you use it with, what style of music do you use it for etc.

From the clips Simon Jarrett has on his website It seems to do the higher gain marshally thing quite well as well as lots of other good sounding stuff.

Any 'feedback' would be great.

All I can find online about it is, "Its great" "kinda ruined me for any other pedals" "search over" "had it, hated it" ...That sort of stuff.

Cheers.

Anyone here use,have,had or tried one?

Theres a 25week wait if I want one and I cant find one locally to try before I go ahead and sign up.

I have the jester v1 and really like it, enough to want to get another Kingsley and throw everything else out. :)

What amp do you use it with, what style of music do you use it for etc.

From the clips Simon Jarrett has on his website It seems to do the higher gain marshally thing quite well as well as lots of other good sounding stuff.

Any 'feedback' would be great.

All I can find online about it is, "Its great" "kinda ruined me for any other pedals" "search over" "had it, hated it" ...That sort of stuff.

Cheers.

25 week waiting period? I'd forget I had even ordered one by then. Reminds me of pre-2005 Heritage orders!! :wub:

What do these pedals do that other pedals don't?

Yeah? Not if I'm waiting 2 years to get one. But that is just me. Don't mean to hijack Jeff's thread (too much, anyway)

25weeks =2yrs down there in the Northern part of the sphere? Good to know. Cancelling European holiday now. ;)

I dont want to wait either. But it took me 5yrs to find a Kingsley Jester locally. 5yrs, Kenny! 5 - yrs! thats like, it's 10 northern hemisphere yrs! :D

I dont know if Ive mentioned it here, I really, really like the Jester. Its yuge! and the sounds that come out of it are yuge! Its made my pedal board great again.

The unfortunate part is pedals I previously thought were good pedals now sound like, pedals! :dontknow: (imagine that) compared to the jester.

So theres the dilemma, suffer bad tone that Ive been happy with for quite a while or take a punt and rush head first into a long wait and see what happens.

I waited for the KoT, Zen Drive, Timmy and....something else. I sold them all. They werent worth the wait. Thats my problem with ordering something I cant try first.

I not just another phickle pedal phlipper. This is different. I only flip the ones I dont like,

which so far has been most of them ;)

25weeks =2yrs down there in the Northern part of the sphere? Good to know. Cancelling European holiday now. ;)

I dont want to wait either. But it took me 5yrs to find a Kingsley Jester locally. 5yrs, Kenny! 5 - yrs! thats like, it's 10 northern hemisphere yrs! :D

I dont know if Ive mentioned it here, I really, really like the Jester. Its yuge! and the sounds that come out of it are yuge! Its made my pedal board great again.

The unfortunate part is pedals I previously thought were good pedals now sound like, pedals! :dontknow: (imagine that) compared to the jester.

So theres the dilemma, suffer bad tone that Ive been happy with for quite a while or take a punt and rush head first into a long wait and see what happens.

I waited for the KoT, Zen Drive, Timmy and....something else. I sold them all. They werent worth the wait. Thats my problem with ordering something I cant try first.

I not just another phickle pedal phlipper. This is different. I only flip the ones I dont like,

which so far has been most of them ;)

Man, you've had some of the best of the best in pedal-land. This Kingsley must have some very special pixey dust mojo. Keep us posted.

Pedals. A blessing and a curse.

Never parted with an OD pedal. From years of TS9 to Boss OD-2 to Soul Food to Klone to Kalamazoo...to infinity and beyond.

Like guitars, they each have a voice I like. I would happily use any one of these at a session or gig....even with a Hannah Montana guitar.

I'm also happy watching trees grow.

Just to clear this up. It's UP Here in the Northern sphere. And I was never good at math stuff. And I was probably speed reading. And 25 weeks would seem like 2 years if was waiting on gear. And ... oops.

Man, you've had some of the best of the best in pedal-land. This Kingsley must have some very special pixey dust mojo. Keep us posted.

They were good od's no question. They just didnt work with my gear or style of music I was playing.They just didnt work for me, but I could hear that they were good things.

One of the best lead sounds I can remember hearing come out of my speaker was the timmy and Zen Drive stacked, could only fit it to one song on the night and it meant simultaneously switching off what ever od I was using for rhythm and switching them both on at the same time. I think it was all worth it for the 30-40seconds it lasted. Just the once though :)

When I got the Jester I was playing with some old friends in a more blues based band, we played blues, and I ended up just taking the Jester and a tuner on my board. I didnt think about the sound other than occasionally hearing it and thinking how great it sounded. The quality of the sound and feel is something you cant pick up by watching or listening to demo's. Its the in the room sound. Its not aiming at something, it is something. Well, through my gear and to my ears any way.

Now I want a higher gain, marshally I guess, od and the jouster seems to be that sort of thing. But I dont know until I try it. Hence the much ado about nothing. Im just an excitable kid at the core of it.

Just to clear this up. It's UP Here in the Northern sphere. And I was never good at math stuff. And I was probably speed reading. And 25 weeks would seem like 2 years if was waiting on gear. And ... oops.

Pedals. A blessing and a curse.

Never parted with an OD pedal. From years of TS9 to Boss OD-2 to Soul Food to Klone to Kalamazoo...to infinity and beyond.

Like guitars, they each have a voice I like. I would happily use any one of these at a session or gig....even with a Hannah Montana guitar.

I'm also happy watching trees grow.

I dig trees. I dont think theres enough of them.

I still have my original ts and proco rat. Theyre not terrible.

Not from where Im standing, Im not feeling it. But yeah 25weeks is too long, 6 or 7 new best things could happen in that time

Not from where Im standing , Im not feeling it. But yeah 25weeks is too long, 6 or 7 new best things could happen in that time

Archived