Heritage Owners Club

DC Millie vs. 535

LittleLeroy

I think a 535 is more "airey", whatever that means. Either one is a great choice. My Millie is my favorite guitar. But I played an old Japanese 335 copy for many years that still sounds great. As for the neck carve, you can order one however you want it. Some have thick necks and some have thin necks.

My Millie without f-holes sounds like a brighter version of a 150 with a touch of a semi-hollow vibe.

A Millie has it's own voice and a broad range.

Like the silver hardware on the red DC, usually they are gold on Millies. My H155, also in trans red like the one

Leroy posted, also has silver hardware. It has the discontinued HRWs in it. I since changed out the Schiller tailpiece and bridge.

Not super familiar with a comparison with a 535 but I feel more tone comparative with a solid body, i.e. h150 than a 535

Like the silver hardware on the red DC, usually they are gold on Millies. My H155, also in trans red like the one

Leroy posted, also has silver hardware. It has the discontinued HRWs in it. I since changed out the Schiller tailpiece and bridge.

Not super familiar with a comparison with a 535 but I feel more tone comparative with a solid body, i.e. h150 than a 535

post-179-0-52791100-1493266170_thumb.jpg

post-179-0-47711900-1493266218_thumb.jpg

Nice axe, Chico!

That was MY DC that Leroy posted! MarsHall really wants a piece of it too. Agree totally with Kuz, Yoop and Chico, sounds a bit more like a 150. Has Seth Lovers in it. The size and weight make it a very easy to handle axe. Jay Wolfe called it "vintage red".

Hey MonaBassanova! Do you play standing with a strap? Is she 'top heavy' or well balanced?

He's actually a drummer and bass player. He just thinks Heritages are pretty, so he bought a dozen or so. He doesn't really play any of them....

:D:laugh_mini::lol_mini:

Hey MonaBassanova! Do you play standing with a strap? Is she 'top heavy' or well balanced?

Leroy, our fellow member here Guy (Millennium Maestro) accuses me of playing with a "strap-on". Go figure. She is very well balanced by the way.

He's actually a drummer and bass player. He just thinks Heritages are pretty, so he bought a dozen or so. He doesn't really play any of them....

:D:laugh_mini::lol_mini:

DB is spot on here. A dozen would be correct. And I only fake guitar playing. And I am still trying to get up the nerve to play guitar at a local jam. I guess I can't fake good enough!

Having owned a 535, Millie DC and a 150 I can say that the Millie DC has it's own thing going. I would put it closer to a 150 but different (brighter?). The Millies are very comfortable and balanced, and has better upper fret access. It also has the access panel in back if you are into doing your own mods.

I would say my Prospect is closer sounding to a 535 then a Millie DC.

Having owned a 535, Millie DC and a 150 I can say that the Millie DC has it's own thing going. I would put it closer to a 150 but different (brighter?). The Millies are very comfortable and balanced, and has better upper fret access. It also has the access panel in back if you are into doing your own mods.

I would say my Prospect is closer sounding to a 535 then a Millie DC.

Thank you CJ. And thanks to everyone else who offered opinions, comments, pics. I'm gonna look on YouTube and see if I can find a decent demo.

In reality, there is a new DNA to the 2017 Millie DC's which should bring the tone closer to a 150LW... The new production model is Mahogany back and sides unless you are willing to drop and extra $500-600.

The all maple body DC's are the most unknown models to most and the most appreciated guitars to those that own them.

535 and Prospects are both laminated top/back with similar neck access and body/neck joints... DC's have solid carved tops and backs with a sandwich block.(The only wood around the PUPs is maple)

In reality, there is a new DNA to the 2017 Millie

. DC's have solid carved tops and backs with a sandwich block.(The only wood around the PUPs is maple)

Guy, So the new DNA is a three piece solid top, center maple with mahogany "wings" or are you saying the 155 is maple top and all hog B&S? Something I never understood... the "old" 155 vs the "Ultra" Millie. In 2008 my all maple 155 Antique Natural was less money that the "Ultra" Millie with mahogany back and sides. So now the all maple 155 is $$$ than a maple top with hog back and sides.

In reality, there is a new DNA to the 2017 Millie DC's which should bring the tone closer to a 150LW... The new production model is Mahogany back and sides unless you are willing to drop and extra $500-600.

The all maple body DC's are the most unknown models to most and the most appreciated guitars to those that own them.

535 and Prospects are both laminated top/back with similar neck access and body/neck joints... DC's have solid carved tops and backs with a sandwich block.(The only wood around the PUPs is maple)

How can you tell if a MDC is all maple? Were they made in particular years? Or is there a model number that designates them?

This is the block they used to use. Don't know now.

post-194-0-16792100-1493423636_thumb.jpg

I would love to hear the difference between a Mahogany Millie DC with a Maple cap compared to an all Maple one.

Are you coming to PSP?

How can you tell if a MDC is all maple? Were they made in particular years? Or is there a model number that designates them?

The new one H-155M DC has Mahogany easily visible through the f holes or trans finishes... ALL Older Millennium DC's have flamed maple backsides, very noticeable.

20160915_122513_zpsf4qtgski.jpg

20160915_122410_zpsvhvvuda8.jpg

Are you coming to PSP?

The new one H-155M DC has Mahogany easily visible through the f holes or trans finishes... ALL Older Millennium DC's have flamed maple backsides, very noticeable.

20160915_122513_zpsf4qtgski.jpg

20160915_122410_zpsvhvvuda8.jpg

I want it, I want it, I want it!!!!!!! DIBS!!

What finish is that?!

Archived