Heritage Owners Club

Well, it came!

ElNumero

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is really really a nice looking guitar. The top on that thing! I love the way the mahogany neck color contrast the body color. I am a semi-hollow body convert and this is a nice one to see on my Sunday morning...Congrats

She is an NOS 2015, and I got a 2015 price on her too. I himmed and hawwed a bit regarding the natural finish, but it turns out she is antique natural which has a slight tint to it and downright gorgeous IMO. She arrived flawless, no visible wear for being a new 2015 however, when I inspected her closely, I noticed that the bridge and tailpiece were not Tonepros, which is how the guitar was advertised. I notified the seller promptly and asked for an $85 credit towards the cost of a new set of Tonepros tuneomatic bridge and locking tailpiece. He didn't flinch at all and apologized for the oversight. I won't worry about changing that out for the time being. The SD59's sound great, I think I like them even better than the Seths that are in my Cherry Sunburst 535.

Heritage%20535%20natural%209_zpsnnsfhii3

Heritage%20535%20natural%205_zpsiybgkveg

Heritage%20535%20natural%208_zpslrkz6jyj

Heritage%20535%20natural%202_zpsep1lr4z3

Looks great. Is the scratch plate made of plastic or wood? I've got a 535 from 2015 and it seems to be plastic.

Yeah it's plastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's plastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When did the plastic 535/555 pickguards start? I thought they were all wood. My '07 had a wooden one. I never installed it and sold it. But still I thought the semis' had wooden pickguards.

When did the plastic 535/555 pickguards start? I thought they were all wood. My '07 had a wooden one. I never installed it and sold it. But still I thought the semis' had wooden pickguards.

Not sure John, my 2006 red 535 that CJ bought had a plastic one, and my 25th Anniv 535 in Clownburst that Martygrass sold me has a plastic one too, but it looks to be two ply (like an Oreo). The models Jay Wolfe sells all seem to be equipped with wood guards. If I could find a black wood one that I could retro fit I would buy one!

• 3 weeks later...

They switched to plastic pickguards as stock on 535s sometime in 2014 or 2015. That is around the time when Howard Sutton (who made all of the pickguards) retired. There is a good chance that the bridge and tailpiece on this guitar are made by schaller and are of a higher quality than tonepros. Blue Note guitars were requesting schaller parts instead of tonepros around that time.

They switched to plastic pickguards as stock on 535s sometime in 2014 or 2015. That is around the time when Howard Sutton (who made all of the pickguards) retired. There is a good chance that the bridge and tailpiece on this guitar are made by schaller and are of a higher quality than tonepros. Blue Note guitars were requesting schaller parts instead of tonepros around that time.

That sounds about right concerning the pickguard. My '07 came with a wooden pickguard. And a lot people here like the tonepro stuff, it is cast pot steel. Best to the Faber hardware route if you want the authentic quality steel & aluminium.

Again, only my opinion, and yours my vary.

Mine was included but not installed. The new shape and made of plastic. It's ugly to me, so it will never be installed.

That is interesting, as the bridge and tailpiece looks to me like Gibson Nashville. No way to confirm that it would be Shaller though

Mine was included but not installed. The new shape and made of plastic. It's ugly to me, so it will never be installed.

The other thing that I was a little disappointed about is not only is it plastic, its a much thinner pickguard then what is on my 2010 535 and what was on my 2005 cherry 535. Both of those looked to be 3 ply. Hence, I am seeking a replacement for this pickguard.

Another looker.

That makes three of us this past month! I'd say we're lucky to get these fine 2015 535s.

077_zps9bw2z5ya.jpg

That 2015 appears to have a wood pick guard. How'd that happen?

Archived