Heritage Owners Club

Well, it came!

ElNumero

That 2015 appears to have a wood pick guard. How'd that happen?

They have always used wood PG's (maple). Now they changed to Ebony and the more rounded shape.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another looker.

That makes three of us this past month! I'd say we're lucky to get these fine 2015 535s.

077_zps9bw2z5ya.jpg

Yoop, if you decide you dont want that PG I will take it off your hands!

Yoop, if you decide you dont want that PG I will take it off your hands!

I called "Dibs" on your 535, remember? :)

This little trio from the class of '15 looks great, whatever the pick guard.

They have always used wood PG's (maple). Now they changed to Ebony and the more rounded shape.

Maybe I misunderstood. Your 2015 came with a plastic pick guard and this one (2015, right?) has a wooden one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats interesting, I thought that Ebony was expensive and becoming hard to find. My new Prospect came with a pick-guard (not installed) Must be an Ebony one.

Maybe I misunderstood. Your 2015 came with a plastic pick guard and this one (2015, right?) has a wooden one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason Bluenote, mine did come with the plastic guard. I don't know how that happened. I spoke to Jay Wolfe about it (not the dealer I purchased it from) and he said it could possibly be an aftermarket PG. At any rate, I can live with it.

For some reason Bluenote, mine did come with the plastic guard. I don't know how that happened. I spoke to Jay Wolfe about it (not the dealer I purchased it from) and he said it could possibly be an aftermarket PG. At any rate, I can live with it.

Will Jay make a wood pickguard for you? Seems he has some really nice ones on many of his Heritage stock.

Will Jay make a wood pickguard for you? Seems he has some really nice ones on many of his Heritage stock.

No, Jay said call Heritage and they may do it.

How are you guys getting NOS 2015s?! Who is selling these? They all look amazing!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine came from Heritage directly. My brother lives near Kalamazoo and was able to get it there. Everyone working there signed the sticker on the inside!

I also just got a NOS '15 and can't believe that it was never sold!

IMG_2027_zps23chm1qp.jpg

That is the perfect looking 535 in my opinion. I also LOVE the pickguard, it looks perfect on that guitar.

I may eventually order that same pickguard for my Custom 555 (custom in that it has the wood combinations of a 535 with rosewood fretboard, mahogany neck, but with the 555 inlays).

_DSC1911-Edit-2.jpg

That is the perfect looking 535 in my opinion. I also LOVE the pickguard, it looks perfect on that guitar.

I may eventually order that same pickguard for my Custom 555 (custom in that it has the wood combinations of a 535 with rosewood fretboard, mahogany neck, but with the 555 inlays).

_DSC1911-Edit-2.jpg

I love it too John, it is definitely perfect. How would one go about ordering one? Does Heritage make them on request?

I love it too John, it is definitely perfect. How would one go about ordering one? Does Heritage make them on request?

Beautiful 555!!! Looks like the same finish as mine-ASB

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've said it before I'll say it again. A curly maple topped 535 is, in my opinion, the epitome of Heritage Guitars. Congrats on a fine guitar Will.

Thanks Kip, she is definitely a keeper.

Thanks Kip, she is definitely a keeper.

A keeper? I thought it was for sale, El Numero?

A keeper? I thought it was for sale, El Numero?

That's exactly what I was thinking! A keeper for somebody, apparently.

"Momentary lapse of reason", as David Gilmour would say. She's too pretty to let go, and I am in the process of unloading some of my percussion gear. Thanks for taking note!

I also just got a NOS '15 and can't believe that it was never sold!IMG_2027_zps23chm1qp.jpg

That's how the new pickguards can do the guitar justice... be a bound or triple ply....the single ply looks cheap.

That is a beautiful guitar! Congrats!

Archived