Heritage Owners Club

Mesa Transatlantic 15 head.

The amp started to motorboat, one channel dropped out after a load pop. (later came back at a quieter volume.) bad hissing and some other odd behavior. I replaced the Power tubes and it actually made it worse. Also checked the pre-amp tubes. From what I've read it sounds like there could be that the caps need replacing. Taking it in today after work.

Time to buy a Quilter....

Wrong!!

I did a lot of reading up on the TA-15 and didnt hear anything bad about it except for the lack of a effects loop. I'm hoping that I can get this one fixed for a reasonable price and gig with it.. that was the plan... I did like the way it sounded...

Wrong!!

I did a lot of reading up on the TA-15 and didnt hear anything bad about it except for the lack of a effects loop. I'm hoping that I can get this one fixed for a reasonable price and gig with it.. that was the plan... I did like the way it sounded...

Hopefully, its just a one time repair and won't be needed again.

Hopefully, its just a one time repair and won't be needed again.

Thanks. If this thing still has problems I'm going to shop for a solid state amp. The Blues Cube and the Quilter are supposed to be great SS amps.

I'm right there with you. My Boogie has not been a trouble free workhorse, and I've determined The Micropro Mach 2 is what I need, longterm, regardless.

I JUST got the DC-2 back from the shop. This is easily the most expensive amp I'll ever own. Between what I paid, and the 4 times it's been in the shop since...

At the moment, it's perfect. New tubes, new tank, boards been gone over...sounded wonderful at the gig last weekend. It's got so much power and cuts through the mix...but part of me says liquidate while is pristine. Rockabilly gigs with this same amp and has no issues. Maybe I'm entering that same period, I Just dunno.

All to say, I hope the TA comes back ready to rock and rewards the research you did on it, CJ.

Bummer that TA is having issues. My TA15 has been a workhorse. Absolutely no issues whatsoever. That said, my Lone Star (Classic) has had it's share of issues. It sits in the music room now. Well, the 90+lbs probably has more to do with that, to be honest. But, it is quirky.

My Quilter Aviator, on the other hand, has been rock solid. It's the gigger amp now. Probably will be for a very long time to come. The Quilters take a bit of tweaking, and getting over the "I need it sound like XXX" paradigm. But once you get used to dialing them in they are very solid performers.

Archived