Heritage Owners Club

NGD H535

Yooper

Do you find the Seth Lovers seem to "distort" quicker than the 59's?

I'll have to try your experiment with my DR, although the 535 and slightly deeper Dot are not identical in dimensions. They both sound great, but have different personalities. The Seths sustain a bit more and have more mids. Maybe that can give the impression of quicker distortion, while the more scooped '59s with more highs seem cleaner.

If I was playing in a loud band the 59s would be my choice. In a quieter jazzier setting the Seths would be nicer for me.

It's good to have two semi-hollows and both sets.

I'll have to try your experiment with my DR, although the 535 and slightly deeper Dot are not identical in dimensions. They both sound great, but have different personalities. The Seths sustain a bit more and have more mids. Maybe that can give the impression of quicker distortion, while the more scooped '59s with more highs seem cleaner.

If I was playing in a loud band the 59s would be my choice. In a quieter jazzier setting the Seths would be nicer for me.

It's good to have two semi-hollows and both sets.

Yeah, I agree. I have a third dimension, my 555 (owned for 12 years) has HRW's in it !

Archived