Heritage Owners Club

You Heritage Owners are hoarding your stock

deytookerjaabs

3. the "ugly headstock" stigma has faded, as many other high end guitars in the vein of "Les Paul" also have non-traditional ( ie: Gibson style ) headstocks.

People are more used to seeing different headstocks on a LP body now, on high end guitars. In the past that was associated with all the cheap LP copies

That's an interesting observation, a pregnant idea.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys make some great points! I will say that any seller can ask whatever he/she wants, but when the rubber hits the road, if they're motivated to sell, you can still get what IMHO is a very good deal. Especially if you consider the QUALITY of the Heritage instrument compared to the much more expensive (inferior) Gibson instrument. So, as a new Buyer/Owner, I'm OK with the somewhat higher price for a particular Heritage because:

1. I never tried to buy a Heritage when they were less expensive, and

2. They're f*cking amazing instruments.

I realized - DOH! - that Heritage had been making guitars for over 30 years and hadn't gone away. So they must be doing something right. Very right. It's true, I didn't care for the Headstock when I first saw them, but, not exactly as bolero says, in my case (though I think he has a very good point) I told myself I was being silly to let something like that stop me from trying one.

My 2013 Amber 535 was priced at $2200 on Reverb from Chicago Musical Exchange. It had been listed for like 8 months at that price. I inquired with a couple questions - not even with an offer - and when they answered my questions they immediately made me an offer hundreds of $$$ less than their asking price. They were motivated to sell and I bought.

Here's what looks to be a pretty good deal: https://reverb.com/item/5225439-heritage-h535-2004-amber-burst Still not $1400, but close. I would pick this one up if I didn't already have a fantastic Amber.

Here's a Prospect that could probably be had for around $1500. Maybe less; I think this seller is motivated to move it and it has some changed parts: https://reverb.com/item/4206863-heritage-prospect-2003 I don't need another Prospect, either.... LOL!

Now, if the Millenium Maestro were to come down a little on this I would snap it up even with the 16th fret neck joint: https://www.gbase.com/gear/heritage-guitars-millennium-dc-2001-vintage-sunset-burst :rolleyes: Guy.....?

When all is said and done, at the end of the day, when the dust settles...... i'm keeping mine. It's just possible - if the solar flares don't wipe us out - my wife or daughter will sell them for more than I paid after I'm gone.

And the fact that there are fewer to be seen has caused used prices to climb. I CAN SEE THIS LEADING TO PRICES INCREASING

5 years ago you could score a used 535 for $1300-$1400. WE WERE IN A TERRIBLE RESALE MARKET, SELLERS GOT ABUSED AND BUYERS GOT SPOILED

Now sellers are demanding $1900+ for a 16 year old 535! ... SELLERS CAN ASK, I DON'T REALLY SEE ANYTHING SELLING...

And the fact that there are fewer to be seen has caused used prices to climb. I CAN SEE THIS LEADING TO PRICES INCREASING

5 years ago you could score a used 535 for $1300-$1400. WE WERE IN A TERRIBLE RESALE MARKET, SELLERS GOT ABUSED AND BUYERS GOT SPOILED

Now sellers are demanding $1900+ for a 16 year old 535! ... SELLERS CAN ASK, I DON'T REALLY SEE ANYTHING SELLING...

I see your point about your comment on number 2. Nobody knew really what Heritage guitars were about so the sellers HAD to take a lower price on them which was great for the buyer, terrible for the seller. I guess I lucked out on most of my used Heritages.

Maybe the brand is finally getting some respect? The older ones can now be called "vintage" and since they've improved their fret leveling, the word has gotten around about how good these guitars are. But Heritage is not a household name. I still get asked all the time; what kind of guitar is that?

I really can't call the guitars I own as stock. This may be a paraphrase of something Ron Kirn had in a publication or email. Don't sale a guitar unless it is necessary because it is impossible to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoarding? I'm doing no such thing. I buy guitars that I like and want to keep. There have been LOTs of opportunities to buy Heritages on the cheap over the past few years, but I let others have them.

My plan is simple... enjoy playing the ones I have.

I remember buying H150s, H157s, 555s and 535 for under $1000 all day long. Ahhhh, the good old days.

And of course there's an H-157 on Ebay right now for $850 but it's local pickup in San Francisco.

Someone's gonna flip it soon!

Heritage Hoarding is where the Heart is.

unnamed_zps1xisj4a8.jpg

*This Premium Hoarders Kit is now available for 50K (usd), Will be hand delivered anywhere in the Continental USA. While supplies last*

Archived