Heritage Owners Club

NAD: IIB or not IIB?

Great, great amp. I have seen a lot of them for sale used. But at +90lbs I knew it would never leave my house. So peel the paint off your house!

I love me the Mesa amps. I've had quite a few. But yeah, that uber weight is why all mine (sans the TA15) ended up staying home. Still, that is a great amp. In my yoots I'd have rocked the bejeezus out of it. Love that Cane grill. Peel Away!!!

That little tank is 90 # ? Belies the eyes! So where did you find it if I may ask and what model Mesa is it?

Great, great amp. I have seen a lot of them for sale used. But at +90lbs I knew it would never leave my house. So peel the paint off your house!

head + cab config partially solve that problem, but hey big glass and big iron mean big weight and huge tone.

I think a Mark IIB at the moment is one of the best values to be found in the vintage amp market. The huge fuss about the IIC+ actually resulted in stupid low prices for the IIBs.

I got my head and a cab with ALTEC 417 speaker for less than a grand. Considering that the cab is worth at least $300 bucks, I paid the head alone less than 600 bucks. I mean, it is totally ridiculous.

I have seen combo IIBs for $800-850. I have reached for my wallet several times but they are just weight limiting for me.

I have seen combo IIBs for $800-850. I have reached for my wallet several times but they are just weight limiting for me.

I hear you. It is amazing however that they fetch the same price as a Champ

My Mark IIB

20160117_212220_zpskgqrghsz.jpg

image-20160117_195217_zps6xe8ttcf.jpg

That's the stuff! Say, is there a toggle switch on the back panel of your amp, next to the heat sink? If so, is yours labeled 60/100 or half/full?

Yes it is a DRG (SRG=Sixty watt, Reverb, Geq. HRG=Hundred watt, Reverb, Geq. DRG=D-Simul class, Reverb, Geq.)

I don't remember how the switch is labeled.

Why do you ask?

nice amp, congrats!!

gpuma, you can run 6L6 and EL34 pairs together in that thing? funky!

in the 1/2 power setting, can you choose which pair to run?

Sorry, I did not see you question.

Yes, the power section allows for 6L6 and EL34 to run together. In the 60W mode only the external pair of tubes are activated.

@myoldfriend

if your boogie is labeled as 60/100 then it is not a simulclass so I think you cannot run 6L6 and EL34 like mine.

Simulclass Mark IIB amps achieve a rated power of 75W/15W (with only 2 tubes active)

Archived