Heritage Owners Club

Best Amp For Blues?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Empty house, spent the morning in blues mode. Played along with Albert King, BB king, Freddy King, Johnny Winter, Mike Bloomfield, John Lee Hooker and what ever else YT suggested that was along those lines.

The Amp really doesnt matter, all their sounds are easily obtainable through what ever guitars, stomps and amps I have cluttering up my room.

The individuals phrasing on the other hand, thats where it gets interesting. Same or similar licks in most cases, different rhythm, timing, vibrato and attack.

Empty house, spent the morning in blues mode. Played along with Albert King, BB king, Freddy King, Johnny Winter, Mike Bloomfield, John Lee Hooker and what ever else YT suggested that was along those lines.

The Amp really doesnt matter, all their sounds are easily obtainable through what ever guitars, stomps and amps I have cluttering up my room.

The individuals phrasing on the other hand, thats where it gets interesting. Same or similar licks in most cases, different rhythm, timing, vibrato and attack.

agree!!

but if I had to choose an amp...it would be a super reverb

trem & verb, 4x10, and juicy enough at drummer volume to get the goods sounding good

I'd love to try that Allen Classic 57.

So many great amps for blues. My current favorites for semi hollow particularly: First, a L'il Dawg Dlux in a 1x15 combo form. It's essentially a modded 5E3 types, can run more powerful tubes. I run it with 6v6s. Between the larger transformers and 15" speaker, it's one of the best sounding lower wattage amps I've come across. The other is a Pure 64 Mean Streets Classic head/cab. A bit like the Deluxe Reverb ... 2 6v6s, maybe 20 - 25 watts..The best amp ever for my old 335.

MD

but if I had to choose an amp...it would be a super reverb

trem & verb, 4x10, and juicy enough at drummer volume to get the goods sounding good

Super Reverb is always a good choice!

Super Reverb is always a good choice!

SF = 2 bags of cement

BF = 1.5 bags of cement.

Both doable up a flight of stairs. Ive never done a gig where I had to carry an amp upstairs. There has always been a personnel or service lift.

SF = 2 bags of cement

BF = 1.5 bags of cement.

Both doable up a flight of stairs. Ive never done a gig where I had to carry an amp upstairs. There has always been a personnel or service lift.

Right! That's why I went with the Mesa 5:50+ Head. No Trem, but ...

For two bills, I think I just brought home a good blues amp, a pristine Fender Mustang 3 v. 2.

At the least I have a light weight back up amp now.

Archived