Heritage Owners Club

NPD - Strymon Riverside

tulk1

Got a small award at work for doing my job! B) Ribbons for showing up. Everybody gets one!! Yay!!

With that in hand I decided I could afford a new pedal. Didn't need one, and until then didn't want one. But ......... my rationale was I could reduce the weight on my board, get a few pedals off if I could find the right pedal. In review, I thought the Riverside looked promising. Turns out one of the teachers at an M&P I frequent had one and was willing to let it go for the right $$'s. Well, it was more than the award I got for showing up at work, but we've been gigging alot lately. So I just tossed in a few bucks from the gig $$'s.

Got to use it Saturday nite. Turns out --- it's a danged good pedal. I was able to set up a scene that sounded SO close to my JHS Morning Glory that I took it off the board. Then, with the "Favorite" switch I got a sound that I actually liked better than either the Suhr Shiba or the OCD. Boom, those two pedals gone. Built my own pedal/switch to turn on the internal boost -- boom, that pedal gone from the board (altho' seriously, those two were the same size). Oh, yeah, it can use an expression pedal as a Vol pedal. Trying out a boss EV or EH or something plasticity (sp?) to see how I like it over the EB jr. So, a bit of weight gone there. Dropped about 3 - 4 pounds of pedal board weight with this set up. And for some reason, I did not take pics of the new set up. I may do so tonite.

Here's a stock pic of the Riverside. I think it IS all they say it should be. At least, for now I do.

ihnvbzahxa6xz2c8qqct.jpg

Archived