Heritage Owners Club

NAD: The Last AMP that I will ever buy! (Updated)

I'm always amazed when people pay $2000+ for an amp and don't even bother to put a slip cover on it, much less a hard case. I have some amps bought used where you can tell where the knobs were due to the dust collected on top of them.

I do keep dust covers on all my amps. Some I even had to make myself using heavy plastic drop cloth and a hot glue gun. I'll definitely watch out for the dials on the front. Maybe even get a transportation case.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"So, that's it. I'm done buying amps. All the guys I jammed with in high school had one guitar and one amp. Why the hell do I need one room full of guitars and another room full of amps?"

Right, especially since you barely play any of them!

Yes, but when you factor in how bad I play and how loud I play, the neighbors are thinking thinking that those 10 minute jam sessions are the longest 10 minutes of their lives. hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

I'm always amazed when people pay $2000+ for an amp and don't even bother to put a slip cover on it, much less a hard case. I have some amps bought used where you can tell where the knobs were due to the dust collected on top of them.

I keep my amps (Mesa KingSnake, Tone King Metropolitan and Victoria Ivy League) covered in tone protecting dust. Seems to work pretty well.

I keep my amps (Mesa KingSnake, Tone King Metropolitan and Victoria Ivy League) covered in tone protecting dust. Seems to work pretty well.

I thought you gave the king snake away

I am nuts about my slip covers. If the amp isn't being used for more than a day, the cover goes on. I hate dust all over the amp.

How is the king snake? I've been getting more interested in the early Mesa Boogie designs.

The kingsnake is a beast! Honestly, right now I'm jonesing for a Mark V. I just was at the gym, and the exercise bikes have youtube. I was watching Mark V demos the entire time. It's just such an incredibly versatile amplifier, but still simpler (to me) than setting up a MIDI effects setup or something like that.

members in that video

Pressure

eljay

gpuma

punkkitty

Schundog

Amps and pedals by Duhvoodooman

boogie: Kingsnake, MkV, DC2

Whole pile of Heritage Guitars

Food by Smoque - Chicago finest Bar-b-que

That was a party - until it wasn't!

I just don't know how to embed youtubes anymore. So odd.

If you do it in Windows, go to the desired video, copy the contents of the "Location/URL" field, and paste it directly in the text (this one) field. May preview to see if it suits you.

The only place they do it in Windows anymore is Amsterdam and Hamburg.

REAL Mesa Boogies have been heavy since the Mark !. The huge iron makes that unavoidable. However, they also build lightweight lunchbox heads with full feature sets. Not inexpensive, those newer lunchboxes of theirs are for those who are not into the long established traditional Two Ton Tillie toting weights.

Archived