Heritage Owners Club

1986 Heritage H-170 DC

Uzi69

Try reformatting the images at imgur.com

You can also use Photobucket if you have an active AOL account.

And if you have an active AOL account you probably also are a charter member of AARP - and therein lies the rub...

:lol:

A couple of factors to the price as you work to post pictures:

- Condition obviously. Amount of fret life, dings, etc.

- Finish. if you have a really nice Heritage maple finish, it would increase the value. Some of the Heritage flame tops just shout "buy me"

- Pickups. If it has the standard Schaller pickups, then worth less than upgraded pickups. Most here will swap them out

- Neck thickness. Heritage hand rolls the necks, and if you have a thicker neck, that will appeal to a subset of folks

My own opinion is it would be hard to get more than $1000 in today's market. Reverb has a ton of Heritage guitars listed between $1000 - $2000, but guitars aren't fetching top dollar these days. I just picked up a beautiful H140 for $750 in an eBay auction, and there were a few others going in that range lately. The 170 is less marketable than the single cuts (not saying anything bad about it - I had a killer 170 Gold Top that was as nice as any Heritage I have owned). Best way to price guitars is to go to eBay advanced search features, and see what others have sold for recently. But if no 170s sold recently (which I just confirmed), then you can't really compare.

Good luck with the sale!

Archived