Heritage Owners Club

At long last..........

I've most recently been on a quest to get rid of tubes in my rig, and to that end I've chosen to go to a solid state W/D/W rig. The center dry channel is an Ethos Overdrive Preamp pedal > the loop return of a Quilter Pro Block 200 > two Mesa 1-12" cabs loaded with EVM12L speakers. I then use a Suhr Iso Line Out box to tap the output of the Quilter to supply a low level signal to feed the input an FX8 efx pedalboard, The stereo outs from that go into a Neunaber Iconoclast (which is a stereo parametric speaker emulator) which will feed the inputs of the new Seymour Duncan amp. The stereo outs of that amp will drive a pair of FRFR monitors for the two stereo wet channels. There are many possibilities with this rig so I can really go with a simple mono rig or a full stereo rig or as I've chosen an all out W/D/W rig. I've been using a Carvin P.A. poweramp for the stereo channels up to this point but the Seymour Duncan amp is much more suited to the job. I've eagerly awaited the release of this amp, which has been delayed several times, but it's finally on it's way here.

Nice! Let us know how it sounds. it seems to be pretty much a high powered clean guitar amplifier, specifically designed to put pedals, guitar, modelers, etc. I don't know of many other setups for that purpose that have 700 watts on board.

This would probably kill with a TEch 21 fly rig going into it.

Nice! Let us know how it sounds. it seems to be pretty much a high powered clean guitar amplifier, specifically designed to put pedals, guitar, modelers, etc. I don't know of many other setups for that purpose that have 700 watts on board.

This would probably kill with a TEch 21 fly rig going into it.

I've got a Tech 21 Fly Rig but IMO it has to much noise even in the clean channel, that and the fact that I like the tone of the Ethos preamp a lot more is why I chose the Ethos over several other preamps I have.

Archived