Heritage Owners Club

Taking the plunge on the Kemper: axe effects vs kemper vs helix what say you

So I have shared with my hoc breatheran my quest for an all in one solution. I sold my Marshall jcm800 stack to aquire the kemper I should be getting it in a couple of weeks. I must admit that I have been totally satisfied with my fender mustang III v 2 for ease of use ( rarely use the software) but am looking forward to taking the kemper plunge. I came across this cool video comparing the kemper to the axe fx to the line 6 helix. I much prefer the kemper sounds but wanted to check in with the hoc contingent to see if you agree. Here is the link. What say you?

Ive had kemper and fractal, prefer the kemper for the guitar sounds.

I have a defined Kemper bias as far as amp sounds and feel go.

Other aspects of the units would put helix and fractal ahead.

In a blindfold non playing test and with the units dialed in by someone who can dial them in, theyre all pretty good. You cant go wrong.

Kemper is fun, if you have a bevy of beautiful amps to profile.You could profile your favourite Helix and AxeFx patches :ph34r:

Very nice piece of equipment; would you gig with it or only use it in a studio environment.

Cant believe the guy in the video perched it on a scissor stand, don't think it would survive a fall from >3 feet w/o some serious damage.

Definitely deserves a custom rack or cab!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived