Heritage Owners Club

Getting ready for PSP

brentrocks

I istalled a new set of TONE PROS on the proto H357 last night along with a fresh set of strings! She's ready to rock! I'm really looking forward to seeing everybody Friday!

3571_zpsyglqla4l.jpg

Likewise, I've already swapped out the strings on the H140, and shined up the 157.

I've cleared off 4 16 gig SD cards for the video and audio. The mics are all in the case, and the stands are ready to move upstairs. I still have to go through the cord box.

DB, are you bringing the speakers? I need to know if I am bringing the speaker stands!.

Did my warm-up heat this afternoon at a farm out in the country. There is an annual get-together of about 20 musicians there and this year was a lot of fun. Pretty much have known most of these guys since I first signed up for the program around high school.

I typically go there and play the fly on the wall, before jumping in when I feel it's time, which usually means waiting till I fell the least risk of embarrassing myself.. Since I don't know or do most cover tunes these days, it is harder to jump into the mix of current favorites. Many expect you to know the tunes they cranked on the radio while driving their beaters, but I pretty much jumped off that wagon a long time ago. I may appreciate what it is and maybe how it's done, but unless a tune is really speaking to my soul, trying to learn it is just mechanics and wasted time. I play the hermit circuit and there's a tough crowd to please.

Thinking of PSP, I got my go-to utility amp pretty much where I wanted it to be today, playing the Legacy in 18W mode through a pair of EVM15Ls, each in their own cabinet I built. Low Watts/ High SPL. These cabinets were once part of my home stereo in my monetarily restricted post-highschool life. They are ugly, but more important, they are truly functional and have that right amount of kuh-chunk and smooth cut-through, at least at the level they saw today. No one was trying to dominate the redundant parts, rather all worked to blend their chops into the open spaces of the groove. It is the separation of individual parts that makes the difference.

I am going to bring my pedal board & '62 Brownface Deluxe again this year. 14-18 watts will be quite loud enough, I think I turned it all the way up to 2.5 last year!! LOL

Looking forward to the jam at Heritage this year. Kuz's Deluxe is a pretty killer amp.

Check that, the Deluxe needs has a little flu-bug so I will have to make do with my '63 Brownface Vibrolux!!!! (anyone can give it a spin if they want).

Check that, the Deluxe needs has a little flu-bug so I will have to make do with my '63 Brownface Vibrolux!!!! (anyone can give it a spin if they want).

I wish I had the problems you have Kuz. Hopefully, when I learn the Kemper, I will have a profile of a Deluxe and a profile of a Vibrolux) one can dream the technology has come this far. Still trying to figure out the kemper as I just got it.

Archived