Heritage Owners Club

Heritage H140 Custom Shop

dksionzyk

Purchased my Heritage H140 second hand in Ohio several years ago. But in looking around it didnt seem to match any of the h140 specs exactly. So I unscrewed the control cover today to see what it said inside.

Serial number puts it as a 2005, H140 second edition with HRW pickups. Gold hardware, belly cut. Natural finish, creme binding on the front. The label says Custom Shop, but its seems like maybe thats what most say?

Wondering if the guitar is custom or rare etc... approx worth etc..

Appreciate any insight anyone might be able to offer.

Thanks

post-7348-0-26156900-1503457133_thumb.jpg

post-7348-0-57659700-1503457134_thumb.jpg

post-7348-0-44042800-1503457135_thumb.jpg

post-7348-0-85225400-1503457135_thumb.jpg

Nice find!

I'm no expert but you're right about the label - all of the oval labels like yours say "Custom Shop." However, that 140 has some very nice features you don't see too often. Beautiful top, nice dark fretboard, belly cut and HRW's. Looks like it's been taken care of too. As far as value is concerned, there are others around here far more knowledgeable than me...

The decal is a bit deceiving....Nearly all Heritages are custom made since there really isn't a custom shop (yet ;)). There are many that are stock, but there isn't much of a difference otherwise. But that is changing...

There are three things that take the 140 from being a stock to a custom model.

HRW Pickups

Gold Hardware

Belly Cut

Otherwise, its a stock model.

The finish is an upgrade and depending on subjective opinions, the wood "package" which means the top could be an upgrade as well.

Now if you're asking about value, well.

My opinion is $1100 to $1500

If you were to customer order that today, it would be $2500 - $3000 with the upgraded options.

This falls in line with Reverb.com price guide for the more popular H-150.

Now, my opinion is I think its awesome. I had a Gibson Studio that was very similar (Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus). Probably one of the best looking guitars I've ever had.

Nice find. My intent had been to order a custom H140 2nd Ed. Just never got around to it. And now they don't make them. I'd say you have a rather unique find right there. Beautiful guitar. HRW's, too. Congrats. Play it like it was intended.

Man o' man, that is a really beautiful example of what Heritage created in the past and continues to put out today.

Just my opinion, but that's one to treasure and enjoy.

Hold on to her, you have a great guitar there that is not currently being made. HRW's are an upcharge, Belly cut is an Upcharge, top may have been but is not documented on the control cavity plate. As far as Custom Shop, Heritage appeared to be trying a different decal but ended up going back the their original... Under new ownership logos and decals have also been remodeled.

Welcome to the Blondie club!
.BKaiCTT.jpg

Hold on to her, you have a great guitar there that is not currently being made. HRW's are an upcharge, Belly cut is an Upcharge, top may have been but is not documented on the control cavity plate. As far as Custom Shop, Heritage appeared to be trying a different decal but ended up going back the their original... Under new ownership logos and decals have also been remodeled.

Welcome to the Blondie club!

.BKaiCTT.jpg

Needs gold hardware.... :D

Thats what I was thinking. Altho' the control plate label says "Nat". Must be the lighting.

Shot that as the sun was setting, must have picked up some sunset hues. Its definitely natural.

Thanks for sharing the knowledge everyone, she has been mine for the last 8 or 9 years and gets her playing time.

Have her running through an original Fulltone Octafuzz and a Strymon Flint with Plate Reverb and 61 Harmonic Trem settings. Great tone, great combo for the pickups.

Archived