Heritage Owners Club

Guitar Player Magazine

Gitfiddler

Did anybody notice that they had a short blurb about Kalamazoo's "Save The Stack" fund in the latest VIntage Guitar Magazine? They mentioned Heritage Guitars as well.

I think Premier Guitar and Vintage Guitar will have reviews before Guitar Player.

To add further fuel to the fire, and of course what is a fire without fuel, the October 2017 Special Collectors Edition of Guitar Player magazine features a running timeline of all things significant to the guitar world from 1967 to 2017. The only thing listed for 1985 is a new company called Paul Reed Smith Guitars!

To add further fuel to the fire, and of course what is a fire without fuel, the October 2017 Special Collectors Edition of Guitar Player magazine features a running timeline of all things significant to the guitar world from 1967 to 2017. The only thing listed for 1985 is a new company called Paul Reed Smith Guitars!

I saw that Heritage omission. That and their failing to include Mary Ford in their 50 most influential female guitarists caused me to consider cancelling my subscription!! :angry:

But that is why I posted this thread...to bring this ongoing oversight to folks' attention.

Let's start an email writing campaign to Michael Molenda, editor at GP to get them off the dime. I just did! Anyone care to join in? mmolenda@nbmedia.com

Update:

I sent 2 emails and received a reply from the Editor-In-Chief of Guitar Player Magazine. He wanted to know if I worked for Heritage Guitar. :D

As part of my second email I included this link:

http://mailchi.mp/6de98133225f/celebrate-100-years-of-handcrafted-guitars-this-saturday?e=1856f54f85

• 4 weeks later...

I sent a third email to Guitar Player magazine, this time sharing the video of the recent goings on at the Heritage factory.  Hopefully Michael Molenda won't view my emails as trolling.  They are intended to inform him of the great product being made here in the USA.

Have any other  HOC'ers dropped him a note?

3 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

I sent a third email to Guitar Player magazine, this time sharing the video of the recent goings on at the Heritage factory.  Hopefully Michael Molenda won't view my emails as trolling.  They are intended to inform him of the great product being made here in the USA.

Have any other  HOC'ers dropped him a note?

The fact that I viewed Michael Molenda as a total douche bag is one of the reasons I cancelled my subscription to Guitar Player.  I much prefer Premier Guitar.  They will probably all be gone sooner than later, as we continue into the digital realm.

13 hours ago, schundog said:

The fact that I viewed Michael Molenda as a total douche bag is one of the reasons I cancelled my subscription to Guitar Player.  I much prefer Premier Guitar.  They will probably all be gone sooner than later, as we continue into the digital realm.

Wow, not sure where that came from.

Archived