Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Bass

Sundown

A wise man never drives by a Pawn Shop without checking out the goodies inside :D

You and Shundog will get along just fine! He's a Pawn Shop Junkie, too. So, you found this is a PS? Whats the story here?

Empire Gun & Pawn in Tampa Florida. Hanging on the wall with a $199 price tag on it.

Offered the guy $150......sold it to me for $175.

It was difficult keeping a straight face during the transaction.

Never seen one of these for sale anywhere at any price.

Empire Gun & Pawn in Tampa Florida. Hanging on the wall with a $199 price tag on it.

Offered the guy $150......sold it to me for $175.

It was difficult keeping a straight face during the transaction.

Never seen one of these for sale anywhere at any price.

Dude, your'e cruel. Lie. Tell us you paid 299, 399, hell, 599. But 175...that's just not even right. congrats!! Hope it turns out to be functionally perfect. Major score.

Not fair!!!!

I am not a Bass player so I don't have an amp to test it on. That being said......I plugged it into my 100 watt amp with 4-12s just to test the controls.

Both pickups work. Selector switch works. Volume and tone work. Next step is to take it into Sam Ash this weekend and plug it into an Ampeg.

Looks awesome.

There was a small run of basses a couple years ago I remember seeing at PSP IIX. But I never found out where they went or who bought them.

Most important thing is, how does it sound???

Yeah, would have been cool to get in on those few that were made. Not sure they were the same beasts as these late '80s basses, tho'. Should be pics somewhere, wouldn't you think?

There are a few Heritage basses floating around...

gallery_12197_436_15472.jpggallery_8804_416_174581.jpggallery_139_6_315064.jpg

And Ren has one of his bass creations...

gallery_139_104_13510.jpg

And as stated above, this looks like the single p'up version of the one recently 'stolen' from a Florida pawnshop. :)

gallery_342_100_44342.jpg

Me too Paul. As soon as I saw it I was hearing Wayman Tisdale in my head.

I always thought Wayman Tisdale was a killer player. Gone way to soon.

Quick update.

Found a bass player who took it for a test drive.After a couple of minutes he asked if it for sale.

Not right now was the answer.

Who ever tried to refinish this thing did a horrible job. Looks like he used a 4" paint brush and didn't believe in sand paper.

Got one hell of a storm headed this way (Hurricane Irma) Might be off line for a while.

Archived