Heritage Owners Club

INCOMING....NAD

rwinking

I have been a fan of the Egnater/Randall Modular Tone System for a few years. It is all I play through anymore and am selling all of my old amps. With the MTS I have been able to use modular preamps to where one amp can cover anything. I have a Gibbons GA-30 that I can use with my H-576 and get a huge jazz tone and then in one minute swap that preamp out and have an Orange Rockerverb preamp. Now Bruce has teamed up with some of the baddest amp builders out there like Bogner, Engle, Friedman, Morgan, etc. and taken this to the next level. Mind you, these are all tube preamps and not models. I ordered something called the SYN 2 which is a preamp bay that holds two modules and can be used in the FX loop of an amp to add two more channels to it. Randall and Egnater made a big mistake back in the day by marketing the old stuff to metal heads. however, it is remarkably versatile as most of the classic Fender and Vox preamps are available. I will give a review after it arrives on Thursday. Check it out:

http://www.synergyamps.com/

and no, I am not in anyway connected to the company. Just a huge fan of Bruce's work.

2 hours ago, rwinking said:

I have been a fan of the Egnater/Randall Modular Tone System for a few years. It is all I play through anymore and am selling all of my old amps. With the MTS I have been able to use modular preamps to where one amp can cover anything. I have a Gibbons GA-30 that I can use with my H-576 and get a huge jazz tone and then in one minute swap that preamp out and have an Orange Rockerverb preamp. Now Bruce has teamed up with some of the baddest amp builders out there like Bogner, Engle, Friedman, Morgan, etc. and taken this to the next level. Mind you, these are all tube preamps and not models. I ordered something called the SYN 2 which is a preamp bay that holds two modules and can be used in the FX loop of an amp to add two more channels to it. Randall and Egnater made a big mistake back in the day by marketing the old stuff to metal heads. however, it is remarkably versatile as most of the classic Fender and Vox preamps are available. I will give a review after it arrives on Thursday. Check it out:

http://www.synergyamps.com/

and no, I am not in anyway connected to the company. Just a huge fan of Bruce's work.

Bruce Egnator offers an amp building class. I've never attended, but it looks like it would a blast. http://www.ampbuildingclass.com/class.html

All of the Randall/Egnater stuff will work in the new Synergy stuff and vice versa. I have as many modules as I do Heritage guitars It is another passion of mine.

1 minute ago, rwinking said:

All of the Randall/Egnater stuff will work in the new Synergy stuff and vice versa. I have as many modules as I do Heritage guitars It is another passion of mine.

Cool! Ive just been checking out the SYN2. That could work really well with my set up. The Boss MS3 could control the SYN2.
I didnt need this sort of fixation right now.

Looking forward to hearing your review.

I have a Randall 50w Rm50 and an Egnater Mod 50. I plan on using the SYN 2 with the Mod 50, which is MIDI and then using my Digitech GSP 1101 to control it all. I am not sure how all of it will connect up but it says that it will. Being able to bring four different sounding amps in a fairly small package to a gig sounds like heaven.

I got the SYN 2 yesterday and it is totally cool! It sounds as great as usual. At first I was a little overwhelmed in trying to figure out the midi situation as I was absent from school in the 80s when they taught the midi class. However, it was really simple. I had a Fender Twin and Soldano module int the MOD 50 and then added a JF Superclean and Salvastion Budda in the SYN 2. The SYN 2 can be bypassed to use the pre amps in the MOD 50. Then the MOD 50 pre amps can be bypassed to use the SYN 2 pre amps and the power section of the MOD 50. I was able to retain all of my FX in both and switch using a POD HD500. I also use a DIgitech GSP1101 and figure it will be the same deal. It is cool to have one amp with four different tube pre amps and be able to switch so effortlessly.

The cool thing about this is that it can be used to add two or four more channels to any amp with a serial FX loop. I would love to get a couple of the dual channel modules, but that may be in the future.

Archived