Heritage Owners Club

NAD

t0aj15

Third times a charm.......right?

Well I now have three Quilter "Block" amps (the TB 200 & the PB 200 which I've very much enjoyed) but I've gotta say this newest one absolutely rocks. The Quilter Distortion 200 is EVERYTHING that Quilter should have included from the very beginning. Real B-M-T knobs, an efx loop, a headphone out jack, a foot-switch jack ( for changing channels) and a separate drive channel with crunch, lead, or a combination of both for a total of four voices. The sound is by far the best I've ever heard from a SS amp.

I already have the rack mount kit so I plan to rack this together with the Pro Block 200 for a kick a$$ stereo amp that will use the preamp of the Distortion 200 efx out into the Fractal Audio FX-8 which will then feed 'in stereo' the efx returns of the two amps with each of those driving a Boogie Thiele cab loaded with EVM-12L's.  It should sound most impressive, but I'll actually have to wait a couple days because here in SEMI we're having a heatwave and the power demand because of all the AC's in the neighborhood running at the same time is causing my Furman voltage regulator to shut down from a lack of voltage (I live in a pretty old area).

I was watching that amp closely when it came out. And agreed - it's what the Q amps should have been from day 1. In theory. I've still not heard a decent sound byte from anyone posting a vid of that amp. But, maybe I haven't seen them all. ???

I'd love to hear a clip of your set up. Sounds like it'd be a most impressive rig.

And just for the recap - Aviator user, here. Thru my Mesa 112 &/or Q112. And sometimes a Marshall JCM900 212. And sometimes all 3. But never the 8" cab.

3 hours ago, tulk1 said:

And just for the recap - Aviator user, here. Thru my Mesa 112 &/or Q112. And sometimes a Marshall JCM900 212. And sometimes all 3. But never the 8" cab.

Kenny, you saying you never use the combo straight up? Always some peripheral cab? I had thought one of the advantages was that this was a giggable grab-n-go (given the gig, of course)

3 hours ago, kidsmoke said:

Kenny, you saying you never use the combo straight up? Always some peripheral cab? I had thought one of the advantages was that this was a giggable grab-n-go (given the gig, of course)

I don't like the 8" combo. Not at all. I've moved the Aviator into a head cab exclusively.  I can say tho', I'd rock the heck out of the Avi12 combo. Which is why I have a Quilter 12 cab. But, that's me. Plenty on the Q Facebook page think otherwise. 

On 9/26/2017 at 12:26 PM, t0aj15 said:

Edit; The new amp is called the Overdrive 200 not the Distortion 200.

I just looked it up on 'tubers again. Last time I looked there weren't a lot of vids. Quite a few now. I like it!! 

Archived