Heritage Owners Club

Just in time for hockey season...

brentrocks

Another odd duck Heritage finds its way to Paw Paw!

A 1985 H 140 with an HOCKEY STICK headstock!

This H140 was built very early in Heritage's history.   They were doing a lot of experimenting to see what the market would take.   This guitar could have been a special order, or it could have been one of those things where they had this neck sitting there...and that body...and somebody said, "F**k it, put em together"

This bad boy came from the factory with a Kahler 3200 locking trem.   Luckily it was the old style that sits on the posts for a standard LP bridge/tailpiece configuration.   I decided to s**t can the Kahler and put a Nashville style bridge and tailpice on the guitar.   It came with locking Grovers, which was a big plus.

It has a monster flame maple top.  One piece mahogany body and neck and a beautiful rosewood board.

I gutted the electronics.   Installed 4 new CTS pots with NOS Russian PIO caps and a set of Custom wound Alnico II humbuckers wound by Connor Baldacci

This guitar has seen some action in its life....headstock repair, dings, dents scratches, etc.   But I gotta tell ya, this thing SCREAMS TONE!!!!!  Nice, low action...medium/slim neck.   And its very light!!

IMG_5020_zpsozicd8aj.jpg

IMG_5021_zpsmtihfgza.jpg

IMG_5022_zpsggiyeumy.jpg

IMG_5023_zps8jxo8nes.jpg

IMG_5025_zpsweex5fh5.jpg

IMG_5026_zpscngekidb.jpg

IMG_5027_zps5tb2fyp8.jpg

IMG_5028_zpsdrcqi7hg.jpg

Curious what you gave for it. It is a cool guitar no doubt! Also where do you find it?

On 9/29/2017 at 11:37 AM, FredZepp said:

I dig it..   Nice flametop 140 from 1985 with an unusual headstock.   With a nice slim neck and custom wound humbuckers, I'd expect this one to rock ! 

And a neat surprise that the change to stop tail was easy. 

I was very  happy for the easy hardware transition too!!!  If had been the second generation Kahler, it would have been the screw down to the body unit and I would have been stuck with the tone sucker.  This Guitar has magnificent tone!!!   It's super light too.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived