Heritage Owners Club

What is the "p" designation?

silverbeard

Hello to everyone in HOC land.  I've just gotten a used (but not abused) H150.  The tag under the control cover lists the guitar as an H 150 P.  Can anyone tell me what the "P" is for.  It is  1996 model with a "M" serial number.  It also has gold hardware was this the norm for '96 H150s?  Pics to come when I figure out how to do that.

Silverbeard

H150p is an H150 with a poplar body instead of mahogany with a maple top. That guitar should have dots on the fretboard instead of traps. I have never seen one with gold hardware but Heritage has done a lot of custom work. I had an H150p that had an all gold finish (top, back and neck).

Here is a buddy's 1996 H-150 Special and my 2010 H-137 Custom.  The are the same size and weight the same even with his guitar's maple cap. 

dscf5698_std.jpgdscf5701_std.jpg

2 hours ago, silverbeard said:

My 150p is about a half inch wider at both the upper and lower bouts compared to my 140. Sorry no pics, I can't get photo bucket to log me in or reset my password.

Kick the bucket. Imgur is free, better and easier.

• 1 month later...

I thought the H-150P was the same as an H-150 just with poplar and the H-150 Special was slimmer body with dots...?

Oh Heritage how you confuse me so 

Archived