Heritage Owners Club

Heritage H540… what is it?

soybean

I can't say I remember an H-540 model , but did find, (in a search) an asian catalog that seemed to list it. ( blurry pic )  And an H-575 as a H-580.

One place listed both the H-535 and H-540 using the same pic for both. ...?  

My first guess was gonna be it might have a different fretboard scale...  but I have no idea really,  didn't find any clear info on it. 

59e1086c5c2b8_Heritageimportedit.thumb.jpg.ce9099d96d8e986d3905f2f9c3c7b614.jpg

Fred, I found a clearer version of your brochure. Can’t see any difference in the specs, so suspect the idea that the name is simply an export model identifier is the probably best explanation. 

18.pdf

22 minutes ago, bsck1 said:

Fred, I found a clearer version of your brochure. Can’t see any difference in the specs, so suspect the idea that the name is simply an export model identifier is the probably best explanation. 

18.pdf

Yes... the idea of an export identifier makes sense.    And Yes.. your copy is MUCH clearer, ha. 

Bound headstock with eagle inlay and tulip tuner buttons.  Makes sense to me that an importer knowing the Asian market might specify these model specs just as a Las Vegas retailer sold the blues deluxe line.  

11 hours ago, pressure said:

When I asked for an Eagle inlay, without the branch, for the Spruce Prospect Marv told me he thought he had a few left over from a run of guitars made for Japan. This catalogue confirms it.

There you go.

22 hours ago, pressure said:

When I asked for an Eagle inlay, without the branch, for the Spruce Prospect Marv told me he thought he had a few left over from a run of guitars made for Japan. This catalogue confirms it.

Oddly, this 540 is a plain regular headstock 

On 10/13/2017 at 2:40 PM, FredZepp said:

I can't say I remember an H-540 model , but did find, (in a search) an asian catalog that seemed to list it. ( blurry pic )  And an H-575 as a H-580.

One place listed both the H-535 and H-540 using the same pic for both. ...?  

My first guess was gonna be it might have a different fretboard scale...  but I have no idea really,  didn't find any clear info on it. 

59e1086c5c2b8_Heritageimportedit.thumb.jpg.ce9099d96d8e986d3905f2f9c3c7b614.jpg

So perhaps this one is manufactured at Heritage's Asian plant?

Archived