Heritage Owners Club

NGD: 2012 Millennium Standard Ultra/Pro

LittleLeroy

Delivered Saturday morning.  Put 9s on her and took her took work.  Had 2 shows, 4 - 7 and again 9 - 1am.  She's awesome.  Got through the 1st show just fine, but popped the high E during the first set of the 2nd show. That's not unusual for me; i typically go through .009 E strings like crazy due to my, ahem, "aggressive" playing style.  She's got Bare Knuckle Stormy Monday pups, Locking Grovers, Tone Pros bridge and tailpiece and the gorgeous 5-piece Neck.  A scant 7lbs 13oz.  She also has an interesting take on the Treble Bypass CR network, using a 470pf cap in parallel with a 220K Ω resistor.  I'd never tried this combo before and it works very well with a very smooth taper on the Mojo 500k Ω pots.

I doff my big Stetson to Skydog52 Paul Fallert of Green Oak Guitar.  He gave me a great deal on an amazing instrument!  Perfectly setup for my style; all I had to do was change her to 9s.  Thanks Paul. :icon_salut:

And, of course, my hat is off to the folks at Heritage who made this guitar.    :wub:   I'm grateful to have another wonderful Heritage instrument.

fullfront2.jpgFrontWall1_50%25.jpgFullback1jpgHdstkBack1.jpgNeckback2.jpg

I doff my big Stetson to Skydog52 Paul Fallert of Green Oak Guitar.  He gave me a great deal on an amazing instrument!  Perfectly setup for my style; all I had to do was change her to 9s.  Thanks Paul. :icon_salut:

Gigging it already. She deserves it! Thanks Steve.

A stunning guitar from our top-tier dealer!  Nice Snatch  Congratulations  She's a beautiful example  Play her in good health!!!

There's nothing quite like a Millie. And pickups with A2 magnets will make a Millie sing gloriously, from country twang to warm jazz.

I keep picking up my Millie for low-watt tweed champ/deluxe amps because they are made for each other. Then I plugged into my Mesa DC-5 and it was just as much at home. 

Congrats on magnificent gem of wood and wire.

We do love our Millies. Yes, indeed.

On 10/15/2017 at 7:52 AM, Spectrum13 said:

That is a gem!  Five piece neck is a premium upgrade and should keep thing stable, good choice. Should we assume the custom control pots and caps were done at the factory?

Thanks!

Yes, that is what i was told. 

On 10/15/2017 at 8:57 AM, Millennium Maestro said:

Curiousity... What is her scale length? Love the beauty of the 5 piece neck, very partial to the traditional tone of the mahogany neck though... How have you found her tone, did that maple brighten her up more??

Thanks Guy!  24.75 scale.  Her voice is different than my DC Millie, which has Dimarzio Super Distortion pups and F holes.  I do like these Bare Knuck pups.  They have a nice, even response without my having to dip the bass side way down and the treble side way up, like I have to do with most of my guitars to get an even string output.

Does the 5-piece neck change the tone?  I really can't say.  You'll have to judge for yourself.  Come on by and check her out.  Bring this one and we'll do some A/B listening.  Although you might go home alone... ;-)

p1_uyuw331is_so.jpg

or one of these would do....

p1_ubtquds5r_ss.jpg?maxheight=500&maxwid

On 10/15/2017 at 7:52 AM, Spectrum13 said:

That is a gem!  Five piece neck is a premium upgrade and should keep thing stable, good choice. Should we assume the custom control pots and caps were done at the factory?

I can't take credit for ordering the 5-piece neck!  I think that was Paul's idea.   It was one of the factors that attracted me to her, though.  :-)

6 hours ago, LittleLeroy said:

I can't take credit for ordering the 5-piece neck!  I think that was Paul's idea.   It was one of the factors that attracted me to her, though.  :-)

Paul and Marv had a special relationship... There was a bunch of really special guitars that made their way to the Green Oaks Stable.

6 hours ago, LittleLeroy said:

Thanks Guy!  24.75 scale.  Her voice is different than my DC Millie, which has Dimarzio Super Distortion pups and F holes.  I do like these Bare Knuck pups.  They have a nice, even response without my having to dip the bass side way down and the treble side way up, like I have to do with most of my guitars to get an even string output.

Does the 5-piece neck change the tone?  I really can't say.  You'll have to judge for yourself.  Come on by and check her out.  Bring this one and we'll do some A/B listening.  Although you might go home alone... ;-)

p1_uyuw331is_so.jpg

or one of these would do....

p1_ubtquds5r_ss.jpg?maxheight=500&maxwid

I have a few hotties... That all maple is yummie and then there are the Quintuplets(one is in Northville) Love the contrast of the bound F holes, Why didnt you share the other DC's?

Nice acquisition! .009-.042 ? 

Paul has great guitars!  Did you get the Green Oak Guitars T shirt?

9 hours ago, High Flying Bird said:

Something isn't right about this guitar Leroy.  Send it down here to me and let me check it out for you. 

Oh hahahahahhahahahahahahah!  hahahahahahahahaha!  ROTFLMAO!  ahahahahahahaha!

No!  U gotta come to Santa Fe!  LOL!

She seems kind of AWESOME to me.

8 hours ago, Millennium Maestro said:

I have a few hotties... That all maple is yummie and then there are the Quintuplets(one is in Northville) Love the contrast of the bound F holes, Why didnt you share the other DC's?

What's my percentage?  I gotta do ALL YOUR ADVERTISING FOR U?!  ;-) 

U should buy my 2016 Millie DC!!  Hey, she has F HOLES!

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/topic/32421-new-2016-millie-dc-4-sale/

2 hours ago, LittleLeroy said:

Oh hahahahahhahahahahahahah!  hahahahahahahahaha!  ROTFLMAO!  ahahahahahahaha!

No!  U gotta come to Santa Fe!  LOL!

She seems kind of AWESOME to me.

Always worth a try.  ;^)

the ULTRA PRO in "actioni".  we were mugging for a guy between shows...   with me are Jake the Snake, guitar (in front) and Scotty Boom Boom, drums. 

HEY!  Don't ask me why the software decided to put the gif in 3x!  Wasn't my idea.

GIF3b.gif.099e4870c6e7c4dc2a05156581d2f848.gif

GIF3.gif

GIF3a.gif

9 hours ago, LittleLeroy said:

WHAT?!!!!!   no i did not!

Haaaaa! If there is one out there I want it.  I'll sell them for $200. :D  

Archived